Six Stars

Add Default JVM Parameters to Commandline/Jobserver

Hello,

We're having IO Reset issues with the Oracle driver. The workaround is to add a JVM parameter with ?-Djava.security.egd=file:///dev/urandom? to every job. However, we have over 300 jobs. So, that is quite cumbersome. The question: Is there some config file or something such that the cmdline/JS will include this automatically every time? We know about the java.security setting, but that is not a desired solution.
Thanks,
Andy
6 REPLIES

Re: Add Default JVM Parameters to Commandline/Jobserver

Hi,
Add Default JVM Parameters into the studio.
If you use 64bit OS, you can add the JVM Parameters in Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.ini file.(see my pic), for 32 bit, edit the Talend-Studio-win32-x86.ini file.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Thanks for the reply, Sabrina. Unfortunately, I forgot to mention this is running on Linux via TAC and the jobservers. Is there a similar process for unix?

Hi,
Have a try to edit the linux .ini file to see if it is a workaround.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Actually, I tried that after I replied and it didn't work.

Hi,
I will make investigation on it to find a workaround and will come back to you asap.
Best regards
Sabrina
--

Hi Andy,
Unfortunately, you have to add a JVM parameter in each job. Smiley Sad
There is no choice to update all jobs one by one.
In fact there is some preferences in Talend / Run/Debug, but this one applies only to new jobs, not old ones...
If modfiy in the preferences, new jobs created will have the parameters from preferences, but it won't affect existing jobs.
Best regards
Sabrina
--