Access DataBase as a source?

Access DataBase as a source?

Is there a way to query from an Access Database? I have tried with the Generic ODBC stage to no avail.
We are trying to convert a large Access Database into Mysql and re-define some data. I thought Talend would be ideal for this, but can't seem to connect to and Access MDB file.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: Access DataBase as a source?

Hi,
There is a solution to make it.
In the DbConnection wizard Datasource field or Database field, you can specify your direct connection as following :
by example for my Access database in my local harddrive : Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=D:\\testFiles\\bd1.mdb
Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ= Smiley Embarassed Connection String
D:\\testFiles\\bd1.mdb Smiley Embarassed path of my DB
Thank you for your support.

All Replies
Employee

Hello,
With Talend you can query from an Access Database, the way is to use the Generic Odbc connexion.
Are you sure that you have defined your Access database in your Windows ODBC Manager (Data source (ODBC)).
The name of your connexion is the DataSource to fill in the Database connection wizard.
If you have a good definition of your database in windows odbc manager, can you explain your problems ?
I you council to test your connection in Metadata > DbConnections > Create connection in Talend (use Check Button), and to use this DbConnection in your future Job.
Regards.
One Star

With Talend you can query from an Access Database, the way is to use the Generic Odbc connexion.

It would also be great to have a direct tInputAccess thingy ... Smiley Happy
Employee

Hello,
We are currently working about Sybase, and others Databases connection, we will search a direct Access connection as soon as possible.
We don't believe that direct connection will be more fast, because we will give the odbc connection string in this direct connection.
One Star

Hi,
for me it's not a matter of speed, but one of comfort - I don't want to create and manage ODBC connections for a few dozens of Access databases ... Smiley Happy
Employee

Hi,
There is a solution to make it.
In the DbConnection wizard Datasource field or Database field, you can specify your direct connection as following :
by example for my Access database in my local harddrive : Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=D:\\testFiles\\bd1.mdb
Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ= Smiley Embarassed Connection String
D:\\testFiles\\bd1.mdb Smiley Embarassed path of my DB
One Star

There is a solution to make it. ...

Exactly what I was looking for - thx a lot!