Abinitio to Talend Migration

Six Stars

Abinitio to Talend Migration

Hello,

I have been out of touch with Talend for quite sometime. I have this requirement of migrating ETL codes in AbInitio to Talend. What I am looking for is an automated way this can be achieved. Is there any provision in Talend that helps generate ETL code based on a code which is obtained by exporting ETL jobs from AbInitio in some ways?

In general, Is there a provision in Talend that generates ETL codes or jobs in runnable condition (or with some customisation) based on external logical code input (for example, an informatica mapping) ? 

Sorry if I am ill informed, but I am trying to catch up.

Thanks in advance!

Sixteen Stars

Re: Abinitio to Talend Migration

I remember talk of a project to do this (I believe it was started for Informatica to Talend), but I have not heard anything about it for a couple of years.

I would argue that this is a bad idea anyway. You *might* be able to convert a relatively straight forward job between products, but I guarantee that it would not be a good conversion and would almost certainly not get the best out of the tool that is being converted to. 

There are serveral ex Abinitio Talend guys around. I would advise getting someone with both sets of skills to carry out a migration for you. Or if you are an Abinitio guy, learn Talend and become that guy. 

Six Stars

Hi,

Thank you for the response!

I am aware that the resultant job wont be the best. But I would like to try it nonetheless. I am the said talend guy here but this is something I have never ventured into before. 

Is there anything else that we can work on to convert abinitio jobs to talend? A custom component? I am just thinking out loud. 

Shoutout to all the Abinitio guys- Any comments or insights on this? 

Four Stars

Any updates on this question.. I am foreseeing a situation to migrate the code between different tools.. Appreciate any responses.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.