N/A

Ability to obtain current username and/or SVN username

We have multiple developers working in Talend concurrently and would like to be able to include a joblet to handle email notices from each job. The catch to this is that each developer is only concerned about jobs they are currently working on, and then a default recipient list when running via the TIS scheduler. The ability to obtain the current user/developer in the TIS studio, or the current SVN user (which is different for the main system, and then for each developer) would make implementing such a system quite trivial.
After having looked through the various global variables made available in TIS, I'm not able to locate a variable of this nature, or determine any other means of obtaining that information. Am I missing something, or does this functionality currently not existing within TIS?
2 REPLIES

Re: Ability to obtain current username and/or SVN username

you could open the workspace .metadata/.log file and parse it for the last user to log in
look for lines like this:
!MESSAGE 2011-02-15 15:13:40,107 INFO org.talend.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory - Martin, John logged on My_Badass_Talend_Project
N/A

Re: Ability to obtain current username and/or SVN username

The only problem with that approach is the each workstation can have a different workspace location, so you've had to hunt for the appropriate folder to parse the log file.