APPLICATION SERVER LOG RETURN AN ERROR EVEN IF THE JOB HAS BEEN EXECUTED

Six Stars

APPLICATION SERVER LOG RETURN AN ERROR EVEN IF THE JOB HAS BEEN EXECUTED

Hello,
I have an issue with my job.

This job simply calls a REST Api that get a parameter and execute a stored procedure on a certain db.

The job works fine, as the procedure get executed, but I'm receiving an error message on the Application Server where the Apex is located.

You can find attached a screenshot of my Subjob and a screenshot of the error (the REST call that is causing the error is present in the application express and as said the procedure is beign executed correctly).
Do you have any idea on how can I solve this problem?

jobs.jpg

Screenshot_1.jpg

Seven Stars JGM
Seven Stars

Re: APPLICATION SERVER LOG RETURN AN ERROR EVEN IF THE JOB HAS BEEN EXECUTED

This error is occuring inside your oracle DB -- likely the issue is in the SP or the database configuration. If you look carefully at the stack trace of your error (you did not provide it all, so we cannot see it) you will find the part of your job that is initiating this DB process that is failing. Just looking at your job I would guess the error is caused by the REST call you are doing -- so I would suggest checking on that SP you're calling as it is the most likely place for the problem to be. 

Six Stars

Hi @JGM,
thank you for your reply.
Yes the error is generated by the REST call as the RESTful Service that I'm calling is called RESTFUL_SQL (you can see that the error message is related to this service and it looks like it cannot be found), but this service is present inside my APEX and the SP that is been executed runs properly.

The file that you can find attached is all the stack trace that I can extract from the Application Server. What can I look for to resolve the issue?

Thank you again for your help.

Six Stars

Can anyone help me with my issue?

Regards,
Diego.

Hello,

It seems that the named object could not be found. Either it does not exist or you do not have permission to access it. Do you get permission to access it?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Highlighted
Six Stars

Hello @xdshi,
I should have the grant on that object, as the execution of the Restfull API and the related population of the DB table goes well and I have the data in the destination DB.

So it seems like this error that i see in the tomcat's Log indicate an error that does not exist.

It's a strange situation. 

Hello,

You are able to execute your job successfully in your studio without error message printed on console?

In your studio, could you please click Window to open the menu, then select Show View->General->Error Log to see if there exists an error?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

@xdshi,
I cannot run my job locally in my studio as this has to be executed in a private network to connect to an external database.

The log that I have posted is coming from the Application Server on which tomcat run and where the DB is located (we connect to this machine through the component tRestClient.

In general the job has always runt properly, without any issues (is scheduled since more than one year). A couple of weeks ago the new DBA of my company sent me this logs and noticed these messages.

In general we are not having any data loss or similar issue, but the log every day increase in size due to these messages.

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

Could you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Hello @xdshi,

the Talend/Version is this:

Screenshot_1.jpg

I've tried already to recreate the same Job with a different version, but I'm encountering the same issue.
This is the different version that I have used:

Immagine.jpg

Cloud Free Trial

Try Talend Cloud free for 30 days.

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.