A problem about sqoop

One Star

A problem about sqoop

Hi,
I have a problem about sqoop.
When I execute tsqoopimport component that show a error about
"Cannot run program "sqoop":java.io.IOException:error=2,No such file or directory"
what's wrong with sqoop,and how to specify SQOOP client dir?
I install sqoop,hadoop,TOSBD on a same server,and run sqoop-import command is ok.
Have someone help me?I need to install a JobServer?
One Star

Re: A problem about sqoop

Hi
Here is the code in this component.
String[] cmd_tSqoopImport_1 = new String[] { "sqoop", "import",
"--connect", "jdbc:mysql://localhost/database_name",
"--table", "table_name", "--username", "",
"--password", ""
};
final Process ps_tSqoopImport_1 = runtime_tSqoopImport_1
.exec(cmd_tSqoopImport_1);

The component executes "sqoop". Please check whether "sqoop" is internal or external command in cmd.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Thanks,The problem is resolve
We can export SQOOP path in ./bash_profile and then execute SQOOP on external command,than then open TosBD to execute tsqoopImport
One Star

Hi
Great!
Feel free to ask any questions here.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi
Even i am getting the same issue. Can you please help me resolve that. I am not able to clearly get your point.

Thank you,
Nagu.
Highlighted
Employee

Hi Naguhadoop
First you can export your job ,and then put it into your sqoop bin floder and run the .sh file .
One Star

Hi ,
I am also facing the same issue.
Request your help/suggestions on below points : -
1) In Talend 5.2 ,there is no place where we specify the HDFS details except "target directory".
2) In order to have Sqoop components to work ,do we need to have HDFS,Talend and Sqoop to be installed on same machine?
In Talend 5.4, we can specify the HDFS details but in 5.2 we don't.
Please let me know prerequisties to have the Sqoop Component work in 5.2 & 5.4 both.
Thanks,
Himanshu

Hi,
Have you checked component reference
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=tSqoopImport&content-lang=enSmiley Frustratedqoop is typically installed in every Hadoop distribution. But if the Hadoop distribution you need to use have no Sqoop installed, you have to install one on your own and ensure to add the Sqoop command line to the PATH variable of that distribution.
Please have a look at jira issue https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-24250.

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

SQOOP connection with teradata giving following error
ERROR]: org.apache.sqoop.tool.BaseSqoopTool - Got error creating database manager: java.io.IOException: No manager for connect string: jdbc:teradata
Let me know where to put teradata connection jars
One Star

Hi sikarpe,
Add Addition Argument as "jdbc.driver.class" and value as "com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver" under Advanced Settings for tSqoopImport
One Star

Thanks!!! it´s works perfectly!!