A Job that can be viewed from Studio is not available from Talend Administration Center while creating a new task in job Conductor module

Symptoms

A Job is created by a user in Studio. However, when the user tries to create a new task using Job Conductor in TAC, the Job is not listed in the drop-down menu.

Diagnosis

The TAC Job Conductor uses the SVN/GIT checked-out project artifacts available in the Talend_Install_Location\tac\apache-tomcat\temp directory. In this case, the project does not exist in the temp folder; it may have been deleted due to an unfortunate click.

In addition, this issue can also be observed if the TAC service is started by a user who is not the owner of the \apache-tomcat\temp directory.

Solution

To fix the issue, restart the TAC service using the owner of the \apache-tomcat\temp directory.

Note: When the restart of TAC is performed, the newly checked-out objects from SVN will be placed in the \apache-tomcat\temp directory.

Version history
Revision #:
8 of 8
Last update:
‎10-13-2017 09:30 AM
Updated by:

Contributors
Comments
gharabedian

I have this exact problem and the solution did not solve the problem although we are using git.  We have duplicated this problem in two different TAC environments.  In a third environment/installation (Test), we can see the jobs.  I made sure all files were owned by "talenduser" (os user) and made sure that the TAC was started as "talenduser".  There don't seem to be any errors in the Technical.log file.  I can also see that there are no jobs defined when I look through the "Repository Browser".

agershenson

Hi gharabedian,

Please contact our Support team at https://www.talend.com/services/technical-support/. I'm sure they can help you with your problem.

Thanks,

Alyce