6.0.1 Cannot build standalone job

One Star

6.0.1 Cannot build standalone job

Hi,
I am using TOS 6.0.1, and when I try to build a job everything seems to be fine but no zip file is created. I can run my jobs within the tools, and all the other export format work (esb,war...)
I tried using Java 1.8 32 bits and 64 bits. But it is never working, and it's really annoying.
Any ideas ?
Thanks
James
Community Manager

Re: 6.0.1 Cannot build standalone job

Hi James
There are various possible roots for this particular issue. Could you check the following article first:
https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Requiring+a+JDK+installation+to+build+jobs+starting+from+ve...
then this one: https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Failed+to+build+job&content-lang=en
and then https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Failed+to+build+a+Job+-+routine+not+compiling&content-lang=...
Then let us know if none of the resolutions above work for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Cheers
Elisa
One Star

Thanks.
As I am behind a proxy I have setup the maven proxy as explained.
But it is still not working. I have attached the log
One Star

I really don't get it, I can build it if it is :

Axis WebService (War)
Axis WebService (ZIP)
OSGI Bundle For ESB
But standalone won't work

Hi jamesdgb,
Did you do point the java settings to the root JDK folder, and not the JRE? Have you tried to clean up of the maven repository to see if it works?
Is there any more error log?(Window-->Show View-->General-->Error log)?
Did you correctly followed the procedure in this article TalendHelpCenter:Configuring a proxy in the maven setting file
to set your proxy usage?

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
I found why it is not working. It's because I am behind a proxy and the proxy blocks some of the download maven is doing.
If I download talend and install all the polugins using a computer not behind a proxy, do you know how I can import these plugins on the computer behind the proxy ?
Thanks
Community Manager

Hi James
Have you set up your proxy as per this article: TalendHelpCenter:Configuring a proxy in the maven setting file
I know it was only for 6.0.0 and that it's supposed to be fixed for 6.0.1 but maybe there is an issue here that is left to be solved.
Could you give it a try, please and provide us with your feedback?
Cheers
Elisa
One Star

Yes I have done that. I think my proxy is blocking some (but not all of the downloads)
Update: I have copy the .m2 folder from another computer and it is now working.
Thanks,
James
Community Manager

Yes, I was about to say this would be the only (quick & dirty) way. Glad it works and many thanks for the feedback. We need to investigate why the proxy setting isn't sufficient for 6.0.1.
One Star

Hi. We are facing issues while building a stand alone jobs in Talend 6.0.1. We have tried all the solutions posted in this thread. Please help.
One Star

Hey Sangeetha -
I just had the same issue for me as well.  Originally I had the JRE selected as a new JDK that I added.  I instead switched the location of the existing default jre7 to point to the path of the new JDK, and it now works.  

Hope it helps!