550 Access Denied when connecting an FTP Server

One Star

550 Access Denied when connecting an FTP Server

Hi guys.
I am creating a job to retrieve a file from a localhost FTP Server. I am using a FTP Connection and a FTP Get component. I am able to connect to the server and login however when I try to retrieve the file I keep getting a "550 Access is denied" error message. I understand its a problem with permissions within the FTP Server but I have set all the permissions in the server so I am wondering if there might be something I haven't set within Talend thats affecting this?
Thanks Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Seventeen Stars

Re: 550 Access Denied when connecting an FTP Server

Could you download the files with another FTP tool (probably with the local ftp command line client) ?
I would bet the user you use to establish the connection does not have the necessary rights.
Using FTP connections is a very common task in Talend and you can be sure the FTP components are well tested.
Probably it is also a problem with the host of the client. It is possible to restrict the access to particular hosts.
One Star

Re: 550 Access Denied when connecting an FTP Server

Yes i can access them through command prompt and am able to access a different ftp server and copy files. The problem is I have already set the user's rights and it still doesnt work. Even if i login using the admin account with all the permissions set it doesnt work.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

APIs for Dummies

View this on-demand webinar about APIs....

Watch Now