tMOMInput does not establish a connection with ActiveMQ in runtime

Highlighted
Four Stars

tMOMInput does not establish a connection with ActiveMQ in runtime

Hi, 

In Talend Open Studio ESB I've got a little job that is connecting to an ActiveMQ queue, maps the message to a DB and then stores that in the DB.

Selection_036.png

This works fine in the Studio but when I deploy it to run time the job never connects to the ActiveMQ service. 

I build the job by right clicking Job Designs -> name of job -> Build Job. Copy the jar to /Runtime_ESBSE/container/deploy and according to the log /Runtime_ESBSE/container/log/tesb.log the job starts but nothing happens and I know there are messages on the queue. 

sudo netstat -pant | grep 61616 gives:

tcp6 0 0 :::61616 :::* LISTEN 18377/java

When the job is run in the Studio it looks like this:

sudo netstat -pant |grep 61616
tcp6 0 0 :::61616 :::* LISTEN 18377/java
tcp6 0 0 127.0.0.1:61616 127.0.0.1:34420 ESTABLISHED 18377/java
tcp6 0 0 127.0.0.1:34420 127.0.0.1:61616 ESTABLISHED 16030/java

So why doesn't it work in the Runtime environment?

Regards,

Johan

Re: tMOMInput does not establish a connection with ActiveMQ in runtime

Hello,

Is your runtime services running well?

Can you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are? Is there any more message in tesb.log?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: tMOMInput does not establish a connection with ActiveMQ in runtime

@xdshi wrote:

Hello,

Is your runtime services running well?

Can you please clarify in which Talend version/edition you are? Is there any more message in tesb.log?

Best regards

Sabrina 

Hi,

Thank you for replying. 

I'm running 7.0.1.20180411_1414 version of Open Studio and Runtime_ESBSE. 

The log says 

2018-11-16T09:46:38,659 | INFO  | fileinstall-/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/deploy | install.internal.Util$OsgiLogger  205 | 10 - org.apache.felix.fileinstall - 3.6.4 | Started bundle: wrap:
file:/opt/Runtime_ESBSE/container/deploy/LightningAccountJob-0.2.jar$Bundle-SymbolicName=LightningAccountJob&Bundle-Version=0.2

So it looks like it has started OK. 

However netstat says:

$ sudo netstat -pant | grep 61616
tcp6       0      0 :::61616                :::*                    LISTEN      9927/java       

So nothing has connected to the ActiveMQ server. It should be eight connections there. This is why I tried to use the 'start server' tick box on the tMOMInput component just in case the ActiveMQ service has to started from Karaf but that led to compilation errors due to missing classes. I also tried to upgrade Talend to 7.1 but then I'm not allowed to build an OSGi bundle for ESB without having a tESB component in the build.  

Everything works just fine in the studio but I need the route and the jobs to be deployed to a stand alone server (an AWS EC-2 instance if that makes any difference).

BTW the route works just fine. It receives notification messages from Salesforce a depending on the message puts it on the right queue. 

What am I doing wrong?

Regards

Johan

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

An API-First Approach to Modernizing Applications

Learn how to use an API-First Approach to Modernize your Applications

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs