One Star

[resolved] error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when trying to generate jobs

Hi,
after upgrading our version from TIS 4.0.1 to TIS 4.2.3, i'm tring to generate my jobs. But I have the message "An error has occured when the job generation". If i look in the administror log, I have this error :

ERROR JobGenerator - java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.palette.TalendEntryEditPart
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.palette.TalendEntryEditPart
at org.talend.designer.codegen.components.model.ComponentsFactory.resetCache(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGeneratorService.refreshTemplates(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.setUserComponentPath(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseSetUserComponentPathCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
... 4 more
org.talend.administrator.common.exception.SystemException: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.palette.TalendEntryEditPart
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.palette.TalendEntryEditPart
at org.talend.designer.codegen.components.model.ComponentsFactory.resetCache(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGeneratorService.refreshTemplates(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.setUserComponentPath(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseSetUserComponentPathCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
... 4 more
at org.talend.administrator.commandline.CommandLineBean.executeGroupCommand(CommandLineBean.java:189)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.executeGroupCommand(JobGenerator.java:264)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.generate(JobGenerator.java:140)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.generateJobScriptUnit(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:341)

Can someone help me?
I try to stop and restart jobserver/commandline and tomcat.
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when trying to generate jobs

Same problem upgrading from TIS 4.2.2 to TIS 4.2.3 !
This appends when I export a job from a project to another one. The new jobs doesn't start.
This use case worked with TIS 4.2.2.
Resolved !!!
I deleted a jar used by talend ....
6 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when trying to generate jobs

Hi
Try to stop the commandline, delete the two directories:
<commandline install dir>commandline-workspace
<commandline install dir>/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi
and then restart commandline.
Let us know if this works for you.
Best regards
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi,
I stop the commandline, delete the 2 directories and restart but I have the same problem.
Other idea?
thank you
One Star

Same problem upgrading from TIS 4.2.2 to TIS 4.2.3 !
This appends when I export a job from a project to another one. The new jobs doesn't start.
This use case worked with TIS 4.2.2.
Resolved !!!
I deleted a jar used by talend ....
One Star

May ask you which jar did you delete ?
Thanks
One Star

ojdb6.jar,
I have to use an other jar for oracle, but I found a workaround.
Employee

Workaround : if you don't need user components, you can remove the path of usercomponent path in TAC