[resolved] error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when trying to generate jobs

One Star

[resolved] error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when trying to generate jobs

Hi,
after upgrading our version from TIS 4.0.1 to TIS 4.2.3, i'm tring to generate my jobs. But I have the message "An error has occured when the job generation". If i look in the administror log, I have this error :

ERROR JobGenerator - java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.palette.TalendEntryEditPart
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.palette.TalendEntryEditPart
at org.talend.designer.codegen.components.model.ComponentsFactory.resetCache(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGeneratorService.refreshTemplates(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.setUserComponentPath(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseSetUserComponentPathCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
... 4 more
org.talend.administrator.common.exception.SystemException: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.palette.TalendEntryEditPart
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.talend.designer.core.ui.editor.palette.TalendEntryEditPart
at org.talend.designer.codegen.components.model.ComponentsFactory.resetCache(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.designer.codegen.CodeGeneratorService.refreshTemplates(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.setUserComponentPath(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseSetUserComponentPathCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
... 4 more
at org.talend.administrator.commandline.CommandLineBean.executeGroupCommand(CommandLineBean.java:189)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.executeGroupCommand(JobGenerator.java:264)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.job.generate.JobGenerator.generate(JobGenerator.java:140)
at org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.generateJobScriptUnit(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:341)

Can someone help me?
I try to stop and restart jobserver/commandline and tomcat.
Thank you

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when trying to generate jobs

Same problem upgrading from TIS 4.2.2 to TIS 4.2.3 !
This appends when I export a job from a project to another one. The new jobs doesn't start.
This use case worked with TIS 4.2.2.
Resolved !!!
I deleted a jar used by talend ....

All Replies
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] error java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError when trying to generate jobs

Hi
Try to stop the commandline, delete the two directories:
<commandline install dir>commandline-workspace
<commandline install dir>/configuration/org.eclipse.osgi
and then restart commandline.
Let us know if this works for you.
Best regards
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi,
I stop the commandline, delete the 2 directories and restart but I have the same problem.
Other idea?
thank you
One Star

Same problem upgrading from TIS 4.2.2 to TIS 4.2.3 !
This appends when I export a job from a project to another one. The new jobs doesn't start.
This use case worked with TIS 4.2.2.
Resolved !!!
I deleted a jar used by talend ....
One Star

May ask you which jar did you delete ?
Thanks
One Star

ojdb6.jar,
I have to use an other jar for oracle, but I found a workaround.
Employee

Workaround : if you don't need user components, you can remove the path of usercomponent path in TAC

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download