One Star

[resolved] distant run - remote execution

Hi,
I have Talend installed and configured on a linux server (red hat 5.6, 16GB RAM) and the Talend Integration Suite installed on my laptop (windows XP 2GB ram). Have a couple questions regarding the execution of DI jobs thru the server since it is powerful.
1) My laptop crashed 2 days back so had to reinstall the studio and configure it. Now the option of executing a job remotely is GONE. The documentation refers to setting it up as a remote connection and I did the same but there's no piece of documentation troubleshooting that specific piece as to how can we enable the job to be executed on remote jobserver as an option.
I found one line through several posts and documents "under the RUN tab, go to TARGET EXEC and select the remote job server" not very helpful when you cant even see that option Smiley Sad
2) Earlier when I was able to see that option of remote execution, it gave an error that connection times out after the job was sent and files were getting transferred.
3) If we choose to execute it on the server, do we need to specify the path on the server or on the local machine?
I tried both but did not yield results. No file (output of the job is to create a .csv file) was found on the server
Please advise as I am trying to learn a new tool and even new to ETL.
Thank you,
Karan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] distant run - remote execution

Karan
If the job is executed on remote job server, the file will be created automatically on remote server, if the job is executed on local machine, the file is on local.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
3 REPLIES
One Star

Hi, Karan.
You have to add a remote job server configuration first, and then you will be able to select the remote job server from the target exec panel.
Go to windows-->perference-->talend-->run/debug-->remote
Best regards!
Pedro
One Star

Indeed. Thanks Smiley Happy
And any idea on how to configure a file output for that job?
ie I need a file output and want the job to be executed on the server so should the directory be specifieed on the server or local?
If on the server then in my case its a linux box so should be "/apps/.....(where I want it)" or would it generate a file automatically?
If so where would it save that file?
Regards,
Karan
Highlighted
Community Manager

Karan
If the job is executed on remote job server, the file will be created automatically on remote server, if the job is executed on local machine, the file is on local.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business