One Star

[resolved] Remote run on Job Servers on EC2 - Any special configuration?

We are testing a job server installed on an EC2 instance, trying to run a simple job with remote execution.  The error indicates java cannot be run, are there some special EC2 settings that need to be configured to allow remote execution?
Thanks!
Jason
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Remote run on Job Servers on EC2 - Any special configuration?

Turns out the java environmental variables were not being picked up.  We installed the RPM and it worked great.  Thanks for all the replies.
5 REPLIES

Hi jason,
Could you please give us more information about the error you are getting? Did you install any JDK version in your machine?
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Yes studio has JDK, I'm willing to bet its a networking thing or firewall.  However I can run jobs locally, but if I point to run on remote server, I get an error.  Is there anything specific about an EC2 instance that I should know about?  I see that in the TAC you have to add them and include information about the secret key and security group, is that information somehow needed in the studio for remote runs?
One Star

The error we get is as follows:
Execution failed : org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: Remote server has encountered an error:
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 13.3px Courier; color: #800000; -webkit-text-stroke: #800000} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}
, messageType=SERVER_ERROR, idRequestResponsePair=null, message=java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "java" (in directory "/opt/talend/Talend-6.3.1/jobserver/agent/./TalendJobServersFiles/repository/TEST123_trowgen_20170123_185507_rd6mU/trowgen"): error=2, No such file or directory
Employee

there are three ports used by Job Server.  I think their default values are 8000, 8001, and 8888.   You can find them in the JobServer properties file in the agent/conf directory.  These ports need to be open in the EC2 security settings.  They do not need to be open to the world, just between the TAC and the Job Server (if you are scheduling jobs with Job Conductor) and/or between the Job Server and Studio (if you are using Distant Run).
One Star

Turns out the java environmental variables were not being picked up.  We installed the RPM and it worked great.  Thanks for all the replies.