One Star

[resolved] JobServer Install Error

Here are the steps I took:
Removed existing 4.1.2 jobserver Service from Windows 2003 server. (jsl.exe -remove)
Replaced environment path for 4.1.2 jobserver directory with 4.2.3 jobserver directory (manual)
When I enter , I get the following error.
C:\Documents and Settings\mark.sutfin>jsl.exe -debug
Debugging Talend JobServer.
Now starting JVM
ControlHandler registered after JVM start
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/talend/remote/job
server/service/WindowsJobServer
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.talend.remote.jobserver.service
.WindowsJobServer
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
Now destroying JVM
Stopping Talend JobServer.
Trying to stop service via JNI call to java/lang/System.exit
Done
Exiting
I believe this is our last task in getting upgraded to 4.2.3 Any help is greatly appreciated!
Mark
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] JobServer Install Error

I missed updating the jsl.ini path with the location of of the jobserver 4.2.3 directory.. Actually, I didn't see that in the docs, but I was able to install the service and TAC can communicate with the jobserver agents..
I am unable to generate any of the jobs in TAC.. they all fail with "Unexpected error, contact your administrator". I'll open a new ticket for this...and have closed this one..
Mark
1 REPLY
One Star

Re: [resolved] JobServer Install Error

I missed updating the jsl.ini path with the location of of the jobserver 4.2.3 directory.. Actually, I didn't see that in the docs, but I was able to install the service and TAC can communicate with the jobserver agents..
I am unable to generate any of the jobs in TAC.. they all fail with "Unexpected error, contact your administrator". I'll open a new ticket for this...and have closed this one..
Mark