[resolved] Install Job Server

One Star

[resolved] Install Job Server

TIS 4.1.2 Pro on Win32
My limited understanding of TAC is that to run an existing job (job a) on a server OTHER than where TAC is installed, I need to install a job server. According to the docs..
Then, on each server, uncompress the archive file containing the JobServer application matching
your release version of Talend Integration Suite.
The archive file name for example reads: org.talend.remote.jobserver_r29781.

I am developing from a W32 VM server (call it VM1). TAC is installed on VM2. I have searched VM1/D:\TIS_PE-All-r53616-V4.1.2 for the following:
org.talend.remote.jobserver*.zip (as per Shong's response here: http://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13830)
narrowed that to org.talend.remote.jobserver* and I found these:
org.talend.remote.jobserver.client.nl_4.1.2.r53616.jar
org.talend.remote.jobserver.client_4.1.2.r53616.jar
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons.nl_4.1.2.r53616.jar
org.talend.remote.jobserver.commons_4.1.2.r53616.jar
Should I continue to look for the .zip file -- or is there something I should do with this jar?
Thanks
Mark

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] Install Job Server

I found a separate download file.. It was not included in the TIS distribution..
Thanks for all your help..
Mark

All Replies
Community Manager

Hi Mark
Extract the archive file org.talend.remote.jobserver*.zip to a folder, the folder should contain the files as my screenshot showed. Just to execute the file start_rs.bat on Windows system or start_rs.sh on Linux system to launch the job server.
Let me know if you need any help!
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong..
I wasn't clear.. I CANNOT find a file named: org.talend.remote.jobserver*.zip in 4.1.2..
the ONLY files I find that are close are jar files I listed in my previous post.
Will you send a link to this *.zip file?
Thanks
Mark
One Star

It should have been one of the files you downloaded as part of the installation set.
One Star

I found a separate download file.. It was not included in the TIS distribution..
Thanks for all your help..
Mark