One Star

getting error type varchar2 not exist

Hello,
I have got a job with several t_runJob components in it (CXS_JOB_MAIN). When i run it with target exec on a job server I get an Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_3
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: type "varchar2" does not error.
When I run it from localhost, or when i run the job it says it goes wrong seperatly on a job server (copy_tables) I don't get any errors, and the job runs fine.
Any idea on what I have to do to make this work on a job server ?
Regards,
Peter
Below the stack trace I get when I run the CXS_MAIN_JOB:
"Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_3
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: type "varchar2" does not exist
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1592)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1327)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:192)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:451)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:336)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:328)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.tOracleInput_1Process(copy_tables.java:2695)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.tPostgresqlInput_2Process(copy_tables.java:2065)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.tOracleConnection_1Process(copy_tables.java:1591)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.tPostgresqlInput_1Process(copy_tables.java:1426)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.runJobInTOS(copy_tables.java:3884)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.runJob(copy_tables.java:3752)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_6Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:955)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_5Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:853)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_4Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:703)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_3Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:553)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.runJobInTOS(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:1937)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.main(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:1798)
Exception in component tRunJob_6
java.lang.RuntimeException: Child job running failed
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_6Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:973)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_5Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:853)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_4Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:703)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_3Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:553)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.runJobInTOS(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:1937)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.main(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:1798)
Job CXS_MAIN_JOB ended at 15:04 04/04/2012.
2 REPLIES
One Star

Re: getting error type varchar2 not exist

Hi
Could you show us the schema screenshot of tPostgresqlOutput_3?
Besides, I see you put a Oracle Connection component and Postgre Commit component.
Maybe this is the reason for this error.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Re: getting error type varchar2 not exist

The postgresql component has a dynamic schema. I deleted the commit step after t_PostgresqlOutput3, but the problem still remains. The thing that i think is weird, that if i run the job behind the tRunJob6 (the copy_tables job) itself it runs fine, the problem only occurs when the job is run through the main job.
Regards,
Peter