getting error type varchar2 not exist

One Star

getting error type varchar2 not exist

Hello,
I have got a job with several t_runJob components in it (CXS_JOB_MAIN). When i run it with target exec on a job server I get an Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_3
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: type "varchar2" does not error.
When I run it from localhost, or when i run the job it says it goes wrong seperatly on a job server (copy_tables) I don't get any errors, and the job runs fine.
Any idea on what I have to do to make this work on a job server ?
Regards,
Peter
Below the stack trace I get when I run the CXS_MAIN_JOB:
"Exception in component tPostgresqlOutput_3
org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: type "varchar2" does not exist
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1592)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1327)
at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:192)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:451)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:336)
at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:328)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.tOracleInput_1Process(copy_tables.java:2695)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.tPostgresqlInput_2Process(copy_tables.java:2065)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.tOracleConnection_1Process(copy_tables.java:1591)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.tPostgresqlInput_1Process(copy_tables.java:1426)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.runJobInTOS(copy_tables.java:3884)
at cxs_poc.copy_tables_0_1.copy_tables.runJob(copy_tables.java:3752)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_6Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:955)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_5Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:853)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_4Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:703)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_3Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:553)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.runJobInTOS(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:1937)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.main(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:1798)
Exception in component tRunJob_6
java.lang.RuntimeException: Child job running failed
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_6Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:973)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_5Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:853)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_4Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:703)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.tRunJob_3Process(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:553)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.runJobInTOS(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:1937)
at cxs_poc.cxs_main_job_0_2.CXS_MAIN_JOB.main(CXS_MAIN_JOB.java:1798)
Job CXS_MAIN_JOB ended at 15:04 04/04/2012.
One Star

Re: getting error type varchar2 not exist

Hi
Could you show us the schema screenshot of tPostgresqlOutput_3?
Besides, I see you put a Oracle Connection component and Postgre Commit component.
Maybe this is the reason for this error.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Re: getting error type varchar2 not exist

The postgresql component has a dynamic schema. I deleted the commit step after t_PostgresqlOutput3, but the problem still remains. The thing that i think is weird, that if i run the job behind the tRunJob6 (the copy_tables job) itself it runs fine, the problem only occurs when the job is run through the main job.
Regards,
Peter

Calling Talend Open Studio Users

The first 100 community members completing the Open Studio survey win a $10 gift voucher.

Start the survey

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

Why Companies Move to the Cloud: 7 Success Stories

Learn how and why companies are moving to the Cloud