create windows service for JobServer on windows 2008

One Star

create windows service for JobServer on windows 2008

Hi,
when I tried to create windows service for JobServer on windows 2008 box it is giving me an error message "Error loading: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll"
1) I tried to locate that jvm.dll in the folder but there is no such directory in my JAVA installation directory.
2) I have modified C:\Talend\jobserver\conf\jsl.ini as per the documentation. (C:\Talend\jobserver) is my jobServer installation path.
I'm running on windows 2008 64-bit machine and I installed 64-bit JDK.
Employee

Re: create windows service for JobServer on windows 2008

Hello ashu
Its due to the jsl version packaged in the jobserver. It's a 32 bit exe file, youll have to replace it by the 64bits version available here --> http://jslwin.sourceforge.net/
You can also read that bugtrack --> http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=12915
One Star

Hi Camsellem, thanks for the reply, I tried by downloading the zip from the link you provided.. I got "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."
my jobServer location is c:\Talend\JobServer.
I will try some more and update you tomorrow.
One Star

Hi Camsellem, I tried with the jsl_static64.exe in the command window i got the following message."Installing service with command: c:\Talend\jobserver\conf\jsl_static64.exe
Talend JobServer installed as a Windows service."
then I checked in the Services the TalendJobServer is there. and I tried to Start it ... but it is not starting.. gives me an error " the TalendJobServer is not responded in timely manner, Windows cannot start the service."
any suggestions?
Employee

Ok Ashu
Let's start from the beginning.
Did you configure the file jsl.ini ? If not do it in first place
Then did you rename the jsl64_static.exe file to jsl.exe (delete the previous one) ? If not do it. This is required because the exe file must have the same name as the config file.
Then before doing a jsl -install, try first a jsl.exe -debug, just to make sure that the JS starts correctly.
Let me know if you have issues...

check the win server logs under applications
what account r u using to start service
One Star

I have the same problem. I downloaded the recommended zip and installed the new exe after renaming it. It still asks for bin\classic\jvm.dll.
Resolved by setting JAVA_HOME but service still doesn't start - just stays in a starting state.
One Star

Is there any update on this. I am recieving the same error when starting in debug
"Error loading: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll"
Employee

i had the same problem:
have a look at the file jvm.dll. It needs to be the right version (32 or 64 bit). I am using jdk 1.6.25
One Star

Hi,
I had the same issue.
This issue can be solved by copying the contents of bin/server into bin/classic.
I guess the directory has changed in more recent versions of Java and JSL cannot handle this.