create windows service for JobServer on windows 2008

One Star

create windows service for JobServer on windows 2008

Hi,
when I tried to create windows service for JobServer on windows 2008 box it is giving me an error message "Error loading: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_21\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll"
1) I tried to locate that jvm.dll in the folder but there is no such directory in my JAVA installation directory.
2) I have modified C:\Talend\jobserver\conf\jsl.ini as per the documentation. (C:\Talend\jobserver) is my jobServer installation path.
I'm running on windows 2008 64-bit machine and I installed 64-bit JDK.
Highlighted
Employee

Re: create windows service for JobServer on windows 2008

Hello ashu
Its due to the jsl version packaged in the jobserver. It's a 32 bit exe file, youll have to replace it by the 64bits version available here --> http://jslwin.sourceforge.net/
You can also read that bugtrack --> http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=12915
One Star

Hi Camsellem, thanks for the reply, I tried by downloading the zip from the link you provided.. I got "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log for more detail."
my jobServer location is c:\Talend\JobServer.
I will try some more and update you tomorrow.
One Star

Hi Camsellem, I tried with the jsl_static64.exe in the command window i got the following message."Installing service with command: c:\Talend\jobserver\conf\jsl_static64.exe
Talend JobServer installed as a Windows service."
then I checked in the Services the TalendJobServer is there. and I tried to Start it ... but it is not starting.. gives me an error " the TalendJobServer is not responded in timely manner, Windows cannot start the service."
any suggestions?
Employee

Ok Ashu
Let's start from the beginning.
Did you configure the file jsl.ini ? If not do it in first place
Then did you rename the jsl64_static.exe file to jsl.exe (delete the previous one) ? If not do it. This is required because the exe file must have the same name as the config file.
Then before doing a jsl -install, try first a jsl.exe -debug, just to make sure that the JS starts correctly.
Let me know if you have issues...

check the win server logs under applications
what account r u using to start service
One Star

I have the same problem. I downloaded the recommended zip and installed the new exe after renaming it. It still asks for bin\classic\jvm.dll.
Resolved by setting JAVA_HOME but service still doesn't start - just stays in a starting state.
One Star

Is there any update on this. I am recieving the same error when starting in debug
"Error loading: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\jre\bin\classic\jvm.dll"
Employee

i had the same problem:
have a look at the file jvm.dll. It needs to be the right version (32 or 64 bit). I am using jdk 1.6.25
One Star

Hi,
I had the same issue.
This issue can be solved by copying the contents of bin/server into bin/classic.
I guess the directory has changed in more recent versions of Java and JSL cannot handle this.

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Best Practices for Using Context Variables with Talend – Part 4

Pick up some tips and tricks with Context Variables

Blog

How Media Organizations Achieved Success with Data Integration

Learn how media organizations have achieved success with Data Integration

Read

APIs for Dummies

View this on-demand webinar about APIs....

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog