Four Stars

.bat and .sh launcher files missing / not created with Build Job

Greetings,
I am new and trying Talend Open Studio for MDM 5.6.2 on a Windows desktop PC.  I have created several test jobs that I would like to schedule to run on a Windows or Linux server.  I use the Build Job, with Shell Launcher checked and set to "All".  But .bat and .sh files are not created.  
Is there some trick to this I am missing?
Thanks much!

• Data Integration
18 REPLIES

Re: .bat and .sh launcher files missing / not created with Build Job

Hi,
Can you execute your test jobs successfully in studio? Did you follow up document:https://help.talend.com/display/TalendOpenStudioforMDMUserGuide56EN/5.2.2+How+to+build+Jobs to build your job as a Standalone Job?
Best regards
Sabrina
Four Stars

Yes, the job runs great in studio.  I am following the example where the current date and time is written to a file using the tFixedFlowInput and the tFileOutputDelimited.  
I am using Standalone job.  Image is below.  

I've tried many times.  Here are the files created:

Thanks for your response.
One Star

I am seeing the exact same issue on Talend 5.6.1.20141207_1530

Hi,
Have you tried to uncheck option "Extract the zip file" to see if it works? We cannot repro this issue on our side.
Best regards
Sabrina
Four Stars

Unchecking the zip doesn't help for me.  I am running 
Build id: V5.6.2_20150508_1414, with 
eclipse.launcher.name=TOS_MDM-win-x86_64
java.version=1.7.0_79
Four Stars

I have installed 6.0.1 with jdk1.8.0_60.  I create a new workspace and test job.  The job just has one "hello world" tjava and it runs without error.
In this release, the build job appears to run and does not give an error.  But the .zip is never created.  I don't get anything in the specified directory.
Any thoughts?
Four Stars

At last!  This looks like a version 5.6.2 problem/bug when your workspace is a Windows UNC path...
Tests:
Test #1 - Create new workspace, project and job on local C: drive.  Jar and launcher files created...
Test #2 - Create new workspace, project and job on UNC path.  Jar, but no launchers...
Test #3 - Copied Test #1 workspace to Test #2 UNC path.  Opened workspace and project, and ran the job ok.  But no launchers on build...
NOTE:  All three tests were built to a C: path
I'm going to test on 6.0.1 to see if this is also the problem with no build files.  I'll post results to the missing build thread...
One Star

Hey ! 
i am also facing the same issue.did any one get any solutions ?
Four Stars

Is your workspace on a windows network drive - where you are connecting by UNC path or mapped drive?  From my testing, no launcher files will be created if the workspace is on a windows share.  Test using a new workspace on your local C: drive.
One Star

Hi,
Is there any follow-up on this bug from Talend? My client is using Talend Open Studio 5.6.1 from a Citrix environment, using only network drives. So there is no alternative option for them to build their stand alone jobs?

I reproduced it locally on my laptop by creating a new workspace using a UNC location to my D-drive:
\\computername\d$\Temp\Talend\workspace
Then created a new project 'Test' and created a simple job using a tRowGenerator connected to a tLogRow component.
Building this job resulted in a zip without the shell launcher scripts!
Hopefully this bug can be solved soon!

Hi aterhzaz,
Have you tried to repro your problem on latest version 6.1.1 to see if this issue is fixed?
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I tried the same scenario with version TOS for Data Integration version 6.1.1. Unfortunately this version can't build the job at all, giving this error (fragment from the log file):
!ENTRY org.talend.platform.logging 4 0 2016-01-05 18:47:23.009
!MESSAGE 2016-01-05 18:47:23,001 ERROR org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler  - Job was not built successfully, please check the logs for more details
!STACK 0
java.lang.Exception: Job was not built successfully, please check the logs for more details
    at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJob(BuildJobManager.java:229)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJobs(BuildJobManager.java:99)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.buildJobWithMaven(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1481)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage$8.run(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1384)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1059)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.finish(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1389)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.finish(JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.java:1225)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizard.performFinish(JobScriptsExportWizard.java:126)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:853)
    at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:438)
    at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
    at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.ExportJobScriptAction.doRun(ExportJobScriptAction.java:117)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:632)
    at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:99)
    at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:258)
    at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3217)
    at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:2024)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:641)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
    at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
    at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
    at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:197)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
Hopefully this helps to analyze the issue!
Thanks for you answer,
Regards, Rolf.

Hi,
Here is a jira issue about UNC patch https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-30427.
Best regards
Sabrina
One Star

Thanks for your reply Sabrina, but this Jira issue is about enhancing the content of the generated .bat file. My issue is that the .bat / .sh file is not generated at all...
Thanks in advance for your reply!
Rolf.
One Star

Hi,
Any news from this ? I have the same problem. Even if I copy my workspace to local disk.
Thanks,
Clément
One Star

Hi Clément,
For my situation the solution was to prevent using UNC paths in the workspace location. That solved the issue. So use explicit drive names.
Regards, Rolf
One Star

Hi Rolf,
But when copying this to the local workspace it's not better. I also tried to create a new project and import the job, not better.
Do I have to re-create my job from scratch ?

Hi Clément,
Could you please indicate the build version you are using? Does this is repro all your jobs or a specific job?
Best regards
Sabrina