Xpath function max is not working in talend runtime container

Highlighted
Six Stars

Xpath function max is not working in talend runtime container

Hi,

I have a very simple talend mediation route which reads a xml file and applied xpath on it.

Xpath is : "max(/Employees/Employee/DateOfJoining/dateTime(.))"

To get this working, I had to load external jar 'saxon-he-9.4.0.7.jar'. This route runs fine in talend open studio but when I deploy it in talend runtime container, it is throwing error "javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: Could not find function: max"

I know that external jar files are not embedded in OSGI bundle by default and to configure it, we need to edit route manifest.

So in 'Dependencies' tab in talend studio i checked the checkbox for this jar file and exported the route(see screenshot). But getting the same error.

I put the saxon jar file in lib folder of container also tried putting it in lib\ext folder of container but no luck.

FYI : I am using talend open studio 6.1.0 and same runtime. I also tried it in talend open studio 5.6.2 and same runtime but the issue is same over there.

I checked the manifest file after the route is exported and I can see following

Bundle-ClassPath: .,lib/saxon-he-9.4.0.7.jar,...

Please help!

Re: Xpath function max is not working in talend runtime container

Hello,

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TESB-14958

It has been fixed on V 6.1

Could you please a look at this related topic about:https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/How-to-deploy-external-jars-to-Talend-Runtime... to see if it is OK with you?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read