Four Stars

XML File to Talend Job or JobScript?

I am doing my research on a project. I would like to know if it is possible in Talend to import an XML file and convert it into a job or even jobscript (which will be used to generate the job)?

I am aware of Metabridge, which can import Cobol, informatica, datastage etc files. I have also seen an W3C xml DTD and xsd option but will it work on XML files which has metadata and converions?

I am working in TOS now, but I will have the subscription version next week. Hence I have not yet tried it myself. 

Thanks in advance!

Re: XML File to Talend Job or JobScript?

It will not work with any XML because you need a way to map your XML Metadata and Conversion to Talend JobScript of Job Definition.

Having said that, it can be a good conversion project.  You can leverage Talend itself to read your XML Metadata and from there generate JobScript or even Job.  

However, how complex are your metadata and conversion? There may be a better approach using Talend Data Preparation.  Maybe convert your metadata and conversions to Talend Data Preparation Recipe.  This will enable you to see your recipe in a graphical way.  You get the benefit of a wysiwyg UI.  Then you Talend job is just about calling the recipe to operationalise.

I suggest working with a consultant with deep Talend knowledge if you are new to this, to help avoid going into wrong directions.  Talend has so many different ways to do things :-)