With Talend ESB, how to override a route context parameter on runtime ?

Highlighted
Four Stars

With Talend ESB, how to override a route context parameter on runtime ?

Hello everyone, and thanks for reading me, I try to deploy a route built with Talend Open Studio For Esb, 6.5, on windows server 2016 Datacenter
To do so I built the route, then manually dropped the file on the container/deploy folder.

Then using client.bat I tried to set some configuration parameters to override values defined in the context of the project (in my case the name of an sqs-queue), but it does not work.

First of all, is it the right approach to configure parameters for a Route ?

Things I have done :

• unzipped the zip file to disk D
  • followed the stepd to install the wrapper as a windows service
  • client.bat >
    • config:edit MyRouteName
    • config: property-set myProp myValue
    • config:update
    • refresh (also tried bundle:refresh)
    • stop MyRouteName
    • start MyRouteName

Did I missed something ?

Is there a way to check what parameters are actually applied to the Route ? Is the .cfg file read watched continuously for changes (I also tried to edit it manually) ?

Thanks
Florian

Four Stars

Re: With Talend ESB, how to override a route context parameter on runtime ?

Florian - 

I'm relatively new at this, but here are some thoughts: 

1. Yes, the files are read dynamically and the changes should be instantaneous. If you look at the Apache Karaf documentation on configs, you can see that the two methods (config: or editing the file) are interchangeable. In addition, "If you provide a configuration PID that doesn’t exist yet, Apache Karaf will create a new configuration (and so a new configuration file) automatically." 
  2. That said, I'm not sure you can overwrite a specific context variable within your context file, but you can switch the context using these commands. So if you had a different contexts established in the Studio for each of your sqs-queues (i.e. sqs-queue1, sqs-queue2, sqs-queue3, etc.), you could switch between them by: 
config:edit MyRouteName
config: property-set context sqs-queue1
config:update

You could then verify the changes with: 

config:list "(service.pid=MyRouteName)"

... I think. 

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.