Unable to login to repository

One Star

Unable to login to repository

Receive the following attempting to login to TIS 4.1.2 (includes latest patch) on W32 server 2003
TIS IDE runs on machine A (along with jobserver agent)
TAC (and I assume SVN) run on machine B. From machine B, I can display the LOCKED files on machine A, but the cleanup command has no affect on them.. no errors reported.. still show as locked.
Followed these instructions to remove the local copy http://www.talendforge.org/bugs/view.php?id=19102 (rebooted). I was able to remove the local copy, but still cannot login to remote connection/sandbox. CLEANUP command still has no affect.
Login attempt is met by same message.. see below.
A support rep indicated that I should "download an SVN client" to machine A and perform the cleanup there. I tried SlikSVN, Tortoise but none of them can *SEE* the locked files.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...
-----------------------------------------------------
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Working copy 'D:\TIS_PE-All-r53616-V4.1.2\workspace\SANDBOX_MARKSUTFIN_PROJECT\process\Acct\NetSuite\TableCopy' locked; try performing 'cleanup'
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.revertAll(SvnEclipseHandler.java:500)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.revertIfHasAnyChange(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:251)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.java:214)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:275)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:226)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(RemoteRepositoryFactory.java:194)
at org.talend.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1642)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.ClientException: svn: Working copy 'D:\TIS_PE-All-r53616-V4.1.2\workspace\SANDBOX_MARKSUTFIN_PROJECT\process\Acct\NetSuite\TableCopy' locked; try performing 'cleanup'
at org.tigris.subversion.javahl.JavaHLObjectFactory.throwException(JavaHLObjectFactory.java:777)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.throwException(SVNClientImpl.java:1850)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.revert(SVNClientImpl.java:571)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.revert(SVNClientImpl.java:560)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnHandler.revert(SvnHandler.java:185)
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnEclipseHandler.revertAll(SvnEclipseHandler.java:497)
... 8 more
Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNException: svn: Working copy 'D:\TIS_PE-All-r53616-V4.1.2\workspace\SANDBOX_MARKSUTFIN_PROJECT\process\Acct\NetSuite\TableCopy' locked; try performing 'cleanup'
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:64)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.error(SVNErrorManager.java:51)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.admin.SVNAdminArea14.lock(SVNAdminArea14.java:1560)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.admin.SVNWCAccess.doOpen(SVNWCAccess.java:368)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.admin.SVNWCAccess.doOpen(SVNWCAccess.java:397)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.admin.SVNWCAccess.doOpen(SVNWCAccess.java:397)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.admin.SVNWCAccess.open(SVNWCAccess.java:272)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.admin.SVNWCAccess.open(SVNWCAccess.java:265)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.admin.SVNWCAccess.openAnchor(SVNWCAccess.java:160)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNWCClient.doRevert(SVNWCClient.java:1884)
at org.tmatesoft.svn.core.javahl.SVNClientImpl.revert(SVNClientImpl.java:567)
... 11 more

Community Manager

Re:Unable to login to repository

Hi

svn: Working copy 'D:\TIS_PE-All-r53616-V4.1.2\workspace\SANDBOX_MARKSUTFIN_PROJECT\process\Acct\NetSuite\TableCopy' locked; try

Is this the local file under workspace on machine A? if so, try to delete the workspace and restart TIS studio, it will check out the project from remote repository again.
Best regards
Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
FILE: 'D:\TIS_PE-All-r53616-V4.1.2\workspace\SANDBOX_MARKSUTFIN_PROJECT\process\Acct\NetSuite\TableCopy'
resides in the SANDBOX and is available when I log in remotely. The SANDBOX resides under the workspace with other jobs (directories) that are LOCAL projects. Please see attachment 1.
Are you suggesting to delete the entire WORKSPACE folder directly under TIS_PE-All-r53616-V4.1.2? Just so I understand.. that would include all projects in TIS, and, as I understand it, some projects that are not in SVN.. I could be mistaken.
Or are you saying to delete the TableCopy folder under the sandbox directory? see attachment 2
I've backed up the workspace folder, so I can recover either way..
Thanks
Mark

Community Manager

Hi

The SANDBOX resides under the workspace with other jobs (directories) that are LOCAL projects.

You are trying to login a repository project, why you said it is a local project? If it is a remote project, you can delete the folder SANDBOX_MARKSUTFIN_PROJECT, and open the project on studio again , it will check out automatically the project again from remote repository.
Best regards
Shong

One Star

Hi Shong,
I deleted the SANDBOX_MARKSUTFIN_PROJECT folder and attempted to login. I get this message:
An error occurred (There is already a different project in the workspace)
I've included a couple of screen shots. Thanks in advance for your quick reply.. (we've been down hard for a couple of days with this issue..!)
Regards,
Mark
UPDATE: I do not have any local projects by this name.. as you can see by the screen shot in the previous post.. MDS

Community Manager

Hi
The error message indicates the project is still in the workspace, in fact, only delete the project folder do not delete the project completely, the best way is to delete it from studio, need to do:
Select 'Delete local project' option in the action list and then delete the project SANDBOX_MARKSUTFIN_PROJECT from local workspace. see my screenshot.
Best regards
Shong

One Star

I am facing similar issue ... any body got an update how to resolve this issue. I followed the steps what Shong has mentioned above but still getting below error:
org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: There is already a different project in the workspace.
at org.talend.repository.svnprovider.SvnBaseRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon2(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.delegateBeforeLogon(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.remoteprovider.RemoteRepositoryFactory.beforeLogon(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginDialog$1.run(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)