Unable to execute DI Jobs using Hierarchical Data Mapper on Unix

Two Stars

Unable to execute DI Jobs using Hierarchical Data Mapper on Unix

When attempting to execute a DI job which uses the Hierarchical Data Mapper on a Unix Server the job is failing with the following exception:

Exception in component tHMap_1_THMAP_IN
java.io.IOException: Error opening /opt/hd/srv/hadoop/talendjobservers/Talend-JobServer-r111943-V5.4.1/TalendJobServersFiles/repository/DATAMAPPERTEST_tHMapOnUnix_20141024_140812_1kCnA/tHMapOnUnix/__tdm/DATAMAPPERTEST.zip
at com.oaklandsw.base.AppRuntimeImpl.addProjectArchive(AppRuntimeImpl.java:744)
at com.oaklandsw.base.AppRuntimeImpl.addProjectUri(AppRuntimeImpl.java:672)
at datamappertest.thmaponunix_0_1.tHMapOnUnix.tFileInputRaw_1Process(tHMapOnUnix.java:877)
at datamappertest.thmaponunix_0_1.tHMapOnUnix.tJava_1Process(tHMapOnUnix.java:422)
at datamappertest.thmaponunix_0_1.tHMapOnUnix.runJobInTOS(tHMapOnUnix.java:1408)
at datamappertest.thmaponunix_0_1.tHMapOnUnix.main(tHMapOnUnix.java:1267)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:143)
at com.oaklandsw.base.AppRuntimeImpl.addProjectArchive(AppRuntimeImpl.java:742)
... 5 more

The same job does not fail when deactivating the tHMap component or when executed on a windows machine. I am able to manually unzip the files mentioned above on the unix machine using the “unzip” command with the same use that executes this job.

Here are the steps to reproduce this issue:
1. Create a Hierarchical Map using the Mapping perspective. Our map has uses an XML input structure and has an output structure that writes to multiple documents. (See chpt 12 of the Talend Data mapper user Guide)
2. Create a Data Integration job that uses the data map and structure created in step 1.
3. Test the job using Studio on Windows to verify the job works as expected in Windows.
4. Execute the job against a remote Unix job server (changing file path context as appropriate) and the job fails at the tHMap data mapper component with error message above
                                         OR
Build the job as an autonomous job.It runs successfully on Windows but fails at the tHMap  data mapper component with error message above when deployed and executed on a Unix server. 
5. If you deactivate the tHMap component in the Data Integration Job created in step 2. Steps 3 and 4 execute successfully in both environments.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Unable to execute DI Jobs using Hierarchical Data Mapper on Unix

Hi,
We have already passed on your issue to TDM expert.
Here is a jira issue: https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDM-4360

Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

EIThis issue has come to my attention through our support department. I'm working with them to get the necessary data to resolve it. 
Employee

See TDM-4360 for another instance of this problem.
Community Manager

Hi Bentleyc,
Would you mind opening a ticket on our customer support portal, so that the Support can feed the TDM issue with additional information coming from your case?
Many thanks,
Elisa
Two Stars

Hi Elisa,
A ticket has already been opened for this issue.
Thanks!
Five Stars

I am facing the same issue when i run the job on unix server, can some one place solution here so it can be helpful for others. 
I am using Talend Big Data 6.0 version.