Unable to connect to Thoughtspot using JDBC connection

Four Stars

Unable to connect to Thoughtspot using JDBC connection

Hi Team,

I am trying to connect Thoughtspot using Talent Open Studio with a general JDBC connection. I am giving the below parameters:

JDBC URL: jdbc:simba://13.57.243.232:12345
Driver Jar: thoughtspot_jdbc4.jar
Class Name: com.simba.client.core.jdbc4.SCJDBC4Driver

I am able to establish connection using a jdbc program but with same parameters I am unable to connect using Talend. Can you please help me. I need this very urgently.

Thank You. Please let me know if any input is required from my end.

Re: Unable to connect to Thoughtspot using JDBC connection

Hello,

Could you please let us know what's error message you are getting when establish connection of Thoughtspot using JDBC connection in talend?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina I am getting the following error message:

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException:
[Simba][JDBCClient](100241) Failed to connect to server:
13.57.243.232:12345
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1058)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:316)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [Simba][JDBCClient](100241) Failed
to connect to server: 13.57.243.232:12345
at com.simba.client.core.SCConnection.createServerConnection(Unknown
Source)
at com.simba.client.core.SCConnection.updateConnectionSettings(Unknown
Source)
at com.simba.jdbc.common.BaseConnectionFactory.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at com.simba.jdbc.common.AbstractDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1058)
at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:316)
at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)
at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)
Caused by: com.simba.support.exceptions.GeneralException:
[Simba][JDBCClient](100241) Failed to connect to server:
13.57.243.232:12345

Kindly let me know why am I getting the issue. I am able to connect to
ThoughtSpot using code base JDBC connections with same details but
with Talent it is failing. Please help me with this.

Regards,
Sauraj
Four Stars

Hi,

As mentioned earlier, I am getting the below error:

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: [Simba][JDBCClient](100241) Failed to connect to server: 13.57.243.232:12345
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
  Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: [Simba][JDBCClient](100241) Failed to connect to server: 13.57.243.232:12345
      at com.simba.client.core.SCConnection.createServerConnection(Unknown Source)
      at com.simba.client.core.SCConnection.updateConnectionSettings(Unknown Source)
      at com.simba.jdbc.common.BaseConnectionFactory.doConnect(Unknown Source)
      at com.simba.jdbc.common.AbstractDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)
  Caused by: com.simba.support.exceptions.GeneralException: [Simba][JDBCClient](100241) Failed to connect to server: 13.57.243.232:12345
      ... 14 more