Five Stars

To deploy the Talend job in Other Environment

Hello!!

Actually I'm a SSIS developer so now we are planned to move on Talend to perform the ETL operation so

below mentioned some question so please answer me

1. How to deploy the Talend job in Other environment  like QA environment and Production environment for without using cloud?

2.      You mention the below answer is to execute the .bat file in command Line but it is I didn’t get to understand so could you please tell me in detail description

3.      We can execute our SSIS Package via command Prompt like

Command Prompt in windows OS                 

Step 1:   Cd  C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn

Step 2: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\Binn>    dtexec.exe /FILE  "C:\Temp\SSIS_Package.dtsx"

In Talend wise we can able to execute our Talend Job please advise me.

4.      In SSIS package having the Derived Column(Built in task) to get and change value at Run time so here also any built in task same like that

5.      How to add the custom DLL into Talend job?

Please any one advice my question

Thanks,

Manivel

5 REPLIES
Ten Stars

Re: To deploy the Talend job in Other Environment

Hi,

Welcome!

looking for question - You are using Community version, correct?

1) leave  for separate 

2) Talend - generate Java code, so when You Build the Job:

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 9.43.13 PM.png

it generate folders tree with all dependencies, and You can run Your Job with long loan long command like:

%~d0
cd %~dp0
java -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -cp .;../lib/routines.jar;../lib/log4j-1.2.16.jar;../lib/dom4j-1.6.1.jar;../lib/talendcsv.jar;../lib/commons-lang3-3.4.jar;../lib/commons-lang-2.6.jar;../lib/snmp4j-2.5.2.jar;lyc_steps_0_3.jar;fb_providers_0_3.jar;fb_services_0_3.jar;fb_appointments_0_4.jar;fb_pings_0_3.jar;hs_contacts_0_1.jar;hs_pipelines_0_2.jar;fb_patients_0_3.jar;fb_services_20161111_0_3.jar;hs_companies_0_1.jar;hs_deals_0_2.jar;geolocation_0_1.jar; lyc.lyc_steps_0_3.LYC_steps --context=prod %* ac

or just run .bat (.sh) file prepared for You :-)

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 9.42.49 PM.png

value at run-time You can change - do not want compare it with SSIS, better to answer for feature questions - DO NOT TRY DO LIKE IN SSIS :-) New tools, new rules!

5) You can add custom Java library (same - new world, new names)

-----------
Five Stars

Hello Vapukov!!

Thanks for your Quick and detail answer

just run .bat (.sh) file prepared for You

yes vapukov I get this same answer from many of us but no one didn't said for Detaille .bat file is stored in my C derive in my system right? how to execute that .bat file in command prompt could you please give the command or steps to execute my Talend job please

Thanks,
Manivel
Ten Stars

Manivel wrote:

yes vapukov I get this same answer from many of us but no one didn't said for Detaille .bat file is stored in my C derive in my system right? how to execute that .bat file in command prompt could you please give the command or steps to execute my Talend job please

Sorry, could You explain - what is the problem?

File stored, right in the place - where You are save it, when building the Job (see picture, menu - Build the Job)

You are select destination for .zip file, You are response for unarchive it, and You are always know - where it.

How to run .bat file under Windows?! Just double click on it

May be You describe - what You already do? (or try to do)

-----------
Five Stars

Sorry Vapukov

I typed the Question is hurry burry so sorry

Now what I have tried was
C:\Users\Kannan\workspace\.Java\src\main\templates (my local path)
1.I got the .bat file from the above path. here I double click that .bat file but that .bat file bling and closed with in a fraction of second so I moved to next options like below
2. I tried with command prompt like the command is
cd C:\Users\Kannan\workspace\.Java\src\main\templates (enter)
C:\Users\Kannan\workspace\.Java\src\main\templates>Job_run_template (enter) here I got the error like "Error: Could not find or load main class ${talend.job.jvmargs}" this is my problem so could you please explain and advice me

thanks,
Manivel

Ten Stars

I do not know what are doing, but this is wrong

workspace + hidden folder - it is exactly not a place where the files located 

1) do You "Build" Your Job? (Compile)

2) choose folder for Builded Job - normal, like c:\talend_jobs\you_job

3) put file there

4) unzip

5) use ;-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template

Template (file format), a standardized non-executable file type used by computer software as a pre-formatted example on which to base other files, especially documents

-----------