Five Stars

Talend Repository Manager - Unable to move generated Task from DV TAC to QA TAC

Hi,

We are using TDM platform license and have access to the Talend Repository Manager. We are planning to use this tool for code movement from DV to QA and from QA to PD. During the testing, i tried to create a generated job rule in the Repository manager to move a already generated job in DV to QA. I have the Source and Target repository setup fine and the connection is OK. I have operation manager role in both DV and QA TAC. I selected label%jobname as the filter, saved it and ran the rule. The execution details say that it is completed, but i cannot see anything in the QA TAC. Can someone share an example to perform this task? I have read the complete user guide and still cant seem to figure out what is that i am doing wrong here. 

• Talend Administration Console
  • Talend Commandline
  • Talend Job Server
  • Talend Runtime
3 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Talend Repository Manager - Unable to move generated Task from DV TAC to QA TAC

Hi
Not sure you input the label correctly, maybe no items match the label you defined. For testing, remove the label or specify an item name as the filter to see if any changes in QA repository.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Five Stars

Re: Talend Repository Manager - Unable to move generated Task from DV TAC to QA TAC

Hi Shong,

Can you please provide an example. Lets say i have a job named 'TestJob' in my Dev TAC in the job conductor, which is generated already, deployed and running. I would like to move this to the QA TAC. How would you provide the label input. Can you please give details and screen shots if possible. Thanks.

Community Manager

Hi
I think you misunderstand the functionality of Talend Repository Manager, it is used to migrate projects/items across repositories rather than migrating generated tasks between different TAC. The generated tasks are stored in TAC database, I think your Dev TAC and QA TAC are pointed to different TAC database, you need to add the tasks again in QA TAC and select the job from the QA trunk/branch which has been synchronized with Dev trunk/branch using Talend Repository Manager.

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business