Talend Open Studio - Build route and job for running on karaf container (ver 7.0.1.20180411_1414)

Highlighted
Six Stars

Talend Open Studio - Build route and job for running on karaf container (ver 7.0.1.20180411_1414)

Hey,

i use Talend Open Studio  for create bundle for karaf external.

My camel route is very simple :  cFile_1 ---> cTalendJob_1 ---> cLog_1

My Job : tRouteInput_1 ---> tXMLMap_1 ---> tRouteOutput_1

now i want deploy into karaf.
right-click on myRoute ---> build route.

i select all ressources (the job in this case)

the build type are by default (ESB Runtime Kar File)  ok

but when i go on karaf and install the Kar file, i dont have the job in ESB bundle format ? i have the jar route bundle but not the jar job in bundle .....

and i suppose after talend add maven depedency export job, and in my bundle route maven import the job ?
why ?

thanks a lot. 

Accepted Solutions
Six Stars

Re: Talend Open Studio - Build route and job for running on karaf container (ver 7.0.1.20180411_1414)

ok ok ok, 
Smiley Frustrated

I just saw in the release note of version 7.1.1, on page 9 "The tRunJob is supported with some restrictions" ...
ok Talend has not found a solution, and drops the possibility of calling a job in a camel route.

I will therefore close this question which will never be solved.

All Replies

Re: Talend Open Studio - Build route and job for running on karaf container (ver 7.0.1.20180411_1414)

Hello,

The Karaf doesn't activate your 2 bundle: the route and the job in the route?

For cTalendJob, have you try to check out "use selected Context", "Use Route Context Name" or "Use Job Context"?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hello, and thks for your reply :-)

i tried all three.
when build routes and create .kar, the job is in config file (bundle) but is it only standalone .jar and karaf not run this.

2018-09-13_08-30-43.jpg

Six Stars

or else we have to generate separately (build) jobs (with OSGI bundle output option) and build routes ?

Hello,

Are you able to successfully build your Job as an OSGI Bundle For ESB? Is there any error message in tesb.log?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

You dont understand my question..

how do you do to build route with all jobs in once.

1) If i right-click on route ? studio must build all correctly route AND jobs in one KAR

and install feature .KAR (route + jobs)

Or

2) click on route -> build route
click on each job -> build job (osgi) seperatly 
and after on console karaf install bundle JOBS .JAR ; and install feature .KAR (route)

???

thks

Hello,

After exporting the mediation route, the integration job is included in the .kar file automatically. You can deploy it into the runtime after copying the .kar file to the deploy directory.

Are your able to start your talend runtime?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Hello,

i have put file .kar into deploy folder.

and now see this : 

1) Bundle_test-feature and want install but : 

2018-09-14_12-43-21.jpg

2) i have into .kar the ressource Bundle_test_job_test.jar

2018-09-14_12-43-48.jpg2018-09-14_12-43-34.jpg

thks a lot.

Six Stars

is it a bug ?

Hello,

Would you mind sending your exported job and .kar file to me? I will make a testing on 7.0.1 . Does this issue also repeat on other build version(6.5, 7.0)?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

hey xdshi,

i have only start with 7.0.1.

i join the file .kar

Thks

Six Stars

? you are testing my .kar ?
Tags (2)
Six Stars

Hey,

I'm wrong somewhere ?

Hello,

Sorry for delay!

We got " There is no valid items to import, and make sure the selected path contain valid items." when try to import your Bundle_test_0.1 (2).zip file into talend open studio for ESB v 7.0.1.

1.png

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Now, 

after updates during a startup of the editor, I reopen the simple project (a road and a job) when I make build route (osgi) .... bardaffffff no error and no file kar Smiley Sad Smiley Sad
I am really disappointed to see so much trouble to just compile and create a kar file  that should contain only camel route, and 1 job and be able to deploy it on a standalone karaf ....

Six Stars

Hello guys,

I take advantage of this topic to explain you my case and the similar issue i encounter... (I am using Talend Open Studio for ESB 7.1.1)

First of all, I've made a route that is simply connected to a rabbitmq queue. This route consumes messages and then run a first job that handles the content of each messages (header and body).

Here is my route :

route.png

Here is the job called by "cTalendJob1"

Job called.png

As you can see this job handling the content of each messages also run others jobs depending on the values found.

Then i have built my route by right clicking on it, selecting "build route" and saving it in the following folder of TalendESB : Runtime_ESBSE/container/deploy

deploy.png

Then, in my console, i ran apache karaf in order to see log messages.

Now, just have a look at the error i get when i publish a message in my queue which is obviously consumed by my route running in the container.

error.png

It seems that my jobs (Job1, Job2 and test) are not built with my kar file when i export my route.

I have checked all the content of this kar file and nothing about these jobs was inside.

So, if by any chance one of you could help me solve this issue, that would be really great Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

Guillaume

Six Stars

Anyone ? I really need some informations about that purpose/issue ...

Thanks

Four Stars

Hi Unky

I have the same problem as you, my route whithout ctalend job have no probleme but whe i deploy rout with talend job i have the same issue.

I have tried sevral methodes:

• Publish from studio to nexus ==> create root task in esb conductor ( route throws the same error)
  • Build route Kar ==> install in karaf  ( route throws the same error)
  • have build bundle osgi for all dependance the result.

I use Talend ESB version 7.0.1_20180411_1414.

ESB ROOT content .PNGESB ROOT ISSUE.PNGESB ROOT sub_job content.PNG

Six Stars

I am discouraged to see so much tool that adds a layer to the osgi for the final brider java-camel on karaf.
The most difficult for you to be to integrate the modules of code Talend components in a way camel ... but it does not work.
In my opinion it is in the compilation scripts maven, that when you have a mix camel and talendjob both must be compiled in "Bundle" and not jar standalone for talendjob
Four Stars

Hi all,

We are also experiencing this problem in 6.3.1. Route calls Talend job, route is published to Nexus and the artifact is deployed to the ESB runtime. On execution, the route picks up messages from ActiveMQ but fails while calling the Talend DI job. On execution, the Karaf console gives an error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TEST_ROUTE_DEPLOYMENT/esb.j_ods_customer_in_insert_0_1.J_ODS_CUSTOMER_IN_INSERT

I've tried all kinds of configuration: changing dependencies of the Route, configuring a cConfig component in the route, even compiling the DI job as a jar and call it from the route. Nothing works. This is very frustrating and it is difficult to find any documentation.

Talend: do you have any solution or indications of where this issue could come from?

Quang-Khai Pham
Six Stars

that's what I said, for me this is the basis, to make a simple camel flow that calls a job talend and can be deployed on a karaf standalone ...
That's why in my company we do not use Talend ESB yet. Because far too young. in terms of maturity.

I can also quote SAP PO, IBM IIB Smiley Sad Smiley Sad No OSGI graphics overlay allows to exploit easily and quickly Camel - Karaf.

But I do not lose hope, one day ..

Six Stars

still no one at talend has tried to do a job that is called in a camel route; then export as a bundle for a karaf standalone and normally turn ???

Six Stars

ok ok ok, 
Smiley Frustrated

I just saw in the release note of version 7.1.1, on page 9 "The tRunJob is supported with some restrictions" ...
ok Talend has not found a solution, and drops the possibility of calling a job in a camel route.

I will therefore close this question which will never be solved.

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read