Four Stars

Talend ESB : Oracle connectivity issue - Karaf

Hello All,

we've a subscription version of talend 6.1.1. I recently developed a web service involving rest components and toracleoutput component. Goal is to receive a json message via rest and insert the data into a Oracle database. in studio everything works fine, issues are with deployment. I deployed this job into Talend runtime and we started to see initially oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver cannot be found. After consulting with Talend support and all, we were advised to place the ojdbc6.jar  under /runtime/lib/deploy folder which automatically installed the bundle karaf. 

471 | Active | 80 | 0.0.0      | odjbc6.jar

later we were told to create a datasource-oracle.xml file and place it in the same directory (/runtime/lib/deploy) to put in all the database related info . Redeployed my job and initiated the web service.

Now I see invalid username / password. Logon denied.

quick overview of my job - trestrequest -> textractjson -> tmap -> toracleoutput (datasource alias checked referring to datasource-oracle.xml - jdbc/dev) -> tjavaflex

|

tjava - > tresponse 

logcatcher - > tsendemail

toracleinput is set as repository getting its values from context variable that are defined . I created db connection under metadata and exported the values as context. attached sample datasource-oracle.xml

let me know how should i proceed to make this work.

Thanks

Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Four Stars

Re: Talend ESB : Oracle connectivity issue - Karaf

Actually whatever I've done so far is good. the issue was with userid i'm using for database connection. It didn't enough privileges to create a jdbc connection and thus it failed. Apart from that all the setup and datasources I configured are good. We can close this post.

Thanks

Arun

2 REPLIES

Hi Arun,

Did you set the datasource configuration file correctly?

Could you please have a look at this document about:TalendHelpCenter:Configuring datasource in Talend Runtime for V 6.1?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Actually whatever I've done so far is good. the issue was with userid i'm using for database connection. It didn't enough privileges to create a jdbc connection and thus it failed. Apart from that all the setup and datasources I configured are good. We can close this post.

Thanks

Arun