Talend 7.1 Deployment with Jenkins, the second release

Highlighted
Five Stars

Talend 7.1 Deployment with Jenkins, the second release

Hi everybody,

as in foreign topics mentioned I´ve created build-process with TAC and Jenkins.

Now deployment for releases is working properly, but....... ;-(((((

The problem now is, the second run of the deployment job in Jenkins is fetching all the old jobs again.

What happens, is the release-repository in Nexus don´t allow same version numbers again.

Now some questions came up how the deployment is planned with TAC:

- How do I set up that only changed jobs within a project are getting updated in Nexus? Is it a maven setting? We use mvn clean deploy, what is correct. Only the first time...

- Is there another setting to deploy on Jenkins instead of our process?

- we are using GIT branches.. Developer uses local, pushes to dev branch and after that a release branch which is getting pulled from Master branch.

This is the recommended way to do that. This is working.

Now the question... I raise up minor release of the job. After that NEXUS is getting a second version of this version in releases. Is this correct?

What I need now is a short description of how using deployment-settings (GroupID e.g.) and a description how deployment should work for just the changed versions of the jobs.

Maybe someone is able to describe that... The only description I found is to deploy an explicit Job with version to deploy. But I haven´t found a way changed jobs within a project. This should work each time I start the Jenkins Job.

Thx to all...

Five Stars

Re: Talend 7.1 Deployment with Jenkins, the second release

No idea from someone? ;-(

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog