Five Stars

Problem with Building Projects

Hello guys, we have a Problem. Im in Talend Version 7.0.1.20180411_1414. When i try to build my talend project and have more than one job under the project then one zip gets generated but its empty. Do you know that problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with Building Projects

Hello,

By default, when a Job is built, all the required jars are included in the .bat or .sh command. For a complex Job that involves many Jars, the number of characters in the batch command may exceed the limitation of command length on certain operating systems. To avoid failure of running the batch command due to this limitation, before building your Job, go to Window > Preferences, select Talend > Import/Export, and then select the Add classpath jar in exported jobs check box to wrap the Jars in a classpath.jar file added to the built Job.

Let us know if you can export multiple jobs within a folder.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
8 REPLIES

Hello,

By default, when a Job is built, all the required jars are included in the .bat or .sh command. For a complex Job that involves many Jars, the number of characters in the batch command may exceed the limitation of command length on certain operating systems. To avoid failure of running the batch command due to this limitation, before building your Job, go to Window > Preferences, select Talend > Import/Export, and then select the Add classpath jar in exported jobs check box to wrap the Jars in a classpath.jar file added to the built Job.

Let us know if you can export multiple jobs within a folder.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

That was what my problem solved. Thank you very much!

Hello,

Great it works. Thanks for your feedback and please feel free to post your issue on forum.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Ooops we just went over another error!

When we do what you mentioned earlier the default context properties dont get used! 

The local context variables are used in the multiple jobs under the project!

What can we do here?

Hello,

Did you follow up this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Building Jobs to build your jobs?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Yeah we worked like in that script, but our context variables used inside the job dont get used. 

We export the job to run it under a server task scheduler and there the Default.context file (Default.properties) isnt used. The local set context defaults are used instead.

Three Stars

Hi Sabrina,

on my local Talend instance, I have defined an context variable like this:

tosContextBug4.PNG

Part of the variable is "TST"
To check the value of the variable, I did a "System.out.println" in a tFlexJava:
tosContextBug3.PNG
The part "TST" in the context variable then is replaced with with "LIV" by our CI-Server and deployed to our interface server:
tosContextBug.PNG

But executing the batch file on our interface server, the "System.out.println" still displays the "TST"-value:

tosContextBug2.PNG

So I think, the values in the context.properties-File are not recognized.

Hello,

Are you able to create your context variables in the repository?

Please have a look at this article about:https://community.talend.com/t5/How-Tos-and-Best-Practices/How-to-Create-Context-Variables-in-the-Re...

Best regards

Sabrina

--