Four Stars

Passing context variable from one shell script to another.

Hi there,

I have the following problem: While using the "Build Job" option in Talend to create a executable shell script, this script gets cleary overwritten when I use the "Build Job" option again (e.g. a newer version of the job is created). This means, that all of my declared context variables inside the script are getting deleted. Therefore I want to write a second shell script, in which all of my context is declared and, calls the executable shell script from the "Build Job" option and passes the context to it. 

So here is my question: Is it possible to pass context variables from a arbitrary shell script to the executable shell script, without editing the executable shell script?

Best regards

Kanopus

2 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Passing context variable from one shell script to another.

Hi
I am trying to understand your issue. Why you said the context variable are deleted? If you build the same job and with the same path, the context variable are still export in the executable script.

Did you edit the script and pass the new value to context variables?

Regards
Shong

----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Six Stars JGM
Six Stars

Re: Passing context variable from one shell script to another.

you can pass context to the generated scripts by using the arguments: ./jobName_run.sh --context_param VAR1=VALUE1 --context_param VAR2=VALUE2