Jobserver issue/setup

One Star

Jobserver issue/setup

Hi,
When I try to run a mapping on a remote server I get the message :-
Execution failed Smiley Surprisedrg.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: Time out server acknowledge for command ', idJob=20110113_145230_enQjW, remoteActionStatus=null, messageType=GET_USEFUL_CRC_LIST, idRequestResponsePair=CYhD7yKT, message=null'.

I suspect it's because the jobserver is not running on the target linux machine.
I have looked through the admin guide but it does not tell you HOW to set things up on linux.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thanks,
Community Manager

Re: Jobserver issue/setup

Hi
1. Under the jobserver installation directory, you will find the files start_rs.bat and start_rs.sh, which will
allow you to start the Job server on Windows and Linux respectively, and the files stop_rs.bat
and stop_rs.sh that will let you stop the Job server. eg: on Linux:
>./start_rs.sh
2. Go to the server tab and check if the job server is active.
Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
One Star

Hi Shong,
I did a search for start_rs.sh on our linux system and found nothing. I would have thought it would be part of the standard install for the admin.
Any other ideas?
Community Manager

Hi
It is not a part of the standard install for the admin. In Talend Integration Suite, there is a archive file org.talend.remote.jobserver_4.1.1_r50363.zip, it is the installation file of job server, you need to install it.
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi,
OK i found it - which directory should I install it to? the webapps dir?
Thanks
Community Manager

Hi
You can install it into any place, just need unzip the archive file.
Best regards
Shong
One Star

Hi Shong,
Got it running now - My linux experience in not great but learn something new each day.
Thanks,
One Star

Hi,
Now I am having issues again :-
Execution failed Smiley Surprisedrg.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: org.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: Time out server response for command ', idJob=20110128_100308_GEUgP, remoteActionStatus=null, messageType=GET_USEFUL_CRC_LIST, idRequestResponsePair=FpmKgSkd, message=null'

The server is up according to the web admin (see picture ) and I can see the process running on linux.
Any help would be great.
Thanks,
One Star ts
One Star

I'm having this problem too. The jobserver will be up for a while and will then start to fail with this message
Execution failed Smiley Surprisedrg.talend.remote.commons.exception.ClientServerException: Time out server response for command ', idJob=null, remoteActionStatus=null, messageType=DEPLOY_JOB, idRequestResponsePair=2d4MgwaN, message=null'

This is fixed by restarting the jobserver but then it will do fall over again before long.
It was working fine up until yesterday. What could have changed?

I was having a similar issue in 3.2.3 where after a period of time one of the Linux job servers couldn't run jobs, giving the following error:
Time out server response for command ', idJob=wMeDfqIg, remoteActionStatus=null, messageType=RUN_JOB, idRequestResponsePair=ZWPDMocn, message=null'
org.talend.remote.client.AbstractObjectClient.sendCommand(Unknown Source)
org.talend.remote.jobserver.client.CommandClient.requestStartJob(Unknown Source)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.business.ExecutionTaskHandler.runJobUnit(ExecutionTaskHandler.java:1094)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.jobs.RemoteJobExecution.executeRemoteJob(RemoteJobExecution.java:248)
org.talend.administrator.scheduler.jobs.RemoteJobExecution.execute(RemoteJobExecution.java:161)
org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:525)

The problem was that the job server had filled the jobexecutions log directory with the maximum number of subdirectories, so it failed when it tried to create a new one. Cleaning this directory up and restarting the job server process fixed it. //archiveJobs/jobexecutions/logs/