Four Stars

Installing oracle jdbc in bundled Maven

Hi,

As I am not an experienced user in Karaf or Maven I wonder if someone can help me with this.

We run Maven bundled with the Karaf that comes with the Talend ESB.   If I had a stand-alone maven installation I should write something like this (or at least that is what I think) to install my oracle jdbc driver in maven : 

mvn install:install-file -Dfile=ojdbc6.jar -DgroupId=com.oracle -DartifactId=ojdbc6 -Dversion=11.2.0 -Dpackaging=jar

I just can't figure out how to run that command when accessing maven from inside the Karaf (through PuTTy).  Can someone guide me in the right direction?  All help is appreciated Smiley Happy

I have taken a look at this thread, but it refers mostly to the stand-alone version of Maven it seems..  http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Karaf-4-0-1-create-Pooled-Oracle-datasource-td4042724.html

/Tobias

2 REPLIES

Re: Installing oracle jdbc in bundled Maven

Hello,

We have redirected your issue to our ESB experts and then come back to you as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Employee

Re: Installing oracle jdbc in bundled Maven

Hi, What's your main concern about running "mvn install:install-file" in the OS command line (out of karaf console)? If you want do it within the karaf console, you can: karaf@trun()>exec G:/software/apache-maven-3.3.9/bin/mvn.cmd install:install-file -Dfile=ojdbc6.jar -DgroupId=com.oracle -DartifactId=ojdbc6 -Dversion=11.2.0 -Dpackaging=jar Before run the "exec" command, the maven still need to be installed on your system, and put the ojdbc6.jar into KARAF_HOME/ folder. Regards. Xilai