How to deploy Talend ESB REST Job on Tomcat

Highlighted
Four Stars

How to deploy Talend ESB REST Job on Tomcat

Hello All,

I am creating a simple REST job within Talend Open Studio for ESB V5.6.3 and V6.4.1,
using 'tRESTRequest' and 'tRESTResponse' components.

I export this REST job as a ***.jar file by selecting build type 'OSGI bundle(ESB)'
to be deployed in Talend Runtime ESBSE, and it works fine.

Then, I hope to deploy this job on Tomcat, but I can not export REST job as a ***.war file,
because I can not select build type 'Axis WebService(WAR)', and TOS displays a message as follows,
"ESB job contains "tRESTRequest" should only build using [OSGI Bundle For ESB] type."

Question1:
Is There a way to deploy REST job using 'tRESTRequest' on Tomcat,or any other application server ?

Question2:

Is it possible to deploy REST job on Tomcat  by Talend Commercial Products version (Talend Administration Center) ?

Thanks
Ksuzuki

By the way, I create a simple normal job (tFileInputDelimited -> tLogRow),and export as a ***.war file,
and deploy on tomcat webapps folder, then it works good by the URL like this (job name is TalendTestJob_0.1)
http://localhost:8080/TalendTestJob_0.1/services/TalendTestJob?method=runjob

Re: How to deploy Talend ESB REST Job on Tomcat

Hello,

There is export limitations for ESB 'Jobs'.

For more information, please have a look at this new feature jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TESB-13867

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Re: How to deploy Talend ESB REST Job on Tomcat

Hi Sabrina,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I understood the  limitations for ESB 'Jobs'.

Will it be possible in a future version ?

Best regards

ksuzuki46

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.