Four Stars

Failed to build Standalone Job

Hello dear all,

Since I replaced my computer, I am now unable to build any jobs from Talend. This is the relevant logged part of the error:

[WARNING] The requested profile "packaging-and-assembly" could not be activated because it does not exist.
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.5.5:single (default) on project CRM: Error reading assemblies: Error locating assembly descriptor: C:\Projects\.Java/src/main/assemblies/assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] [1] [INFO] Searching for file location: C:\Projects\.Java\C:\Projects\.Java\src\main\assemblies\assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] [2] [INFO] File: C:\Projects\.Java\C:\Projects\.Java\src\main\assemblies\assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml does not exist.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] [3] [INFO] File: C:\Projects\.Java\src\main\assemblies\assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml does not exist.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :CRM

Now, the funny thing is: it's not finding the "assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml" file. I have a file named assembly_CRM_2.0.xml tho. If I copy that file as assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml, it works.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Helvio

• Data Integration
6 REPLIES

Re: Failed to build Standalone Job

Hello,

Does this issue repro on your exported jobs from your old machine? Can you execute a new job on your new computer?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,

I don't have the same issue on my old machine. Executing the job I'm trying to export works flawlessly on the new one.

Sorry I forgot to add that information!

Thanks,

-Helvio

Hi,

What's your problem for your new computer? You cannot build a new standalone job on it? More information will be helpful for us to address your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Yes, that's correct. I can run jobs in the IDE, but I can't build them to be deployed, unless I do that workaround.

Thanks for all the effort!
-Helvio

Hello,

What's OS you are using on your new computer? Have you already installed and set java environment correctly on your new computer(Oracle JDK 1.8)? Please check the java version by typing java - version in cmd.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I'm on Windows 10 x64, same OS as the previous computer.

Here's my java -version output:

C:\>java -version
java version "1.8.0_144"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

Maybe I should point my JAVA_HOME to the JDK folder instead, since this (see code below)?

C:\>javac
'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Thanks again for the support!

-Helvio