Four Stars

Failed to build Standalone Job

Hello dear all,

Since I replaced my computer, I am now unable to build any jobs from Talend. This is the relevant logged part of the error:

[WARNING] The requested profile "packaging-and-assembly" could not be activated because it does not exist.
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.5.5:single (default) on project CRM: Error reading assemblies: Error locating assembly descriptor: C:\Projects\.Java/src/main/assemblies/assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] [1] [INFO] Searching for file location: C:\Projects\.Java\C:\Projects\.Java\src\main\assemblies\assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] [2] [INFO] File: C:\Projects\.Java\C:\Projects\.Java\src\main\assemblies\assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml does not exist.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] [3] [INFO] File: C:\Projects\.Java\src\main\assemblies\assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml does not exist.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :CRM

Now, the funny thing is: it's not finding the "assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml" file. I have a file named assembly_CRM_2.0.xml tho. If I copy that file as assembly_CRM_@JobVersion@.xml, it works.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

-Helvio

14 REPLIES

Re: Failed to build Standalone Job

Hello,

Does this issue repro on your exported jobs from your old machine? Can you execute a new job on your new computer?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello Sabrina,

I don't have the same issue on my old machine. Executing the job I'm trying to export works flawlessly on the new one.

Sorry I forgot to add that information!

Thanks,

-Helvio

Hi,

What's your problem for your new computer? You cannot build a new standalone job on it? More information will be helpful for us to address your issue.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Yes, that's correct. I can run jobs in the IDE, but I can't build them to be deployed, unless I do that workaround.

Thanks for all the effort!
-Helvio

Hello,

What's OS you are using on your new computer? Have you already installed and set java environment correctly on your new computer(Oracle JDK 1.8)? Please check the java version by typing java - version in cmd.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hi Sabrina,

I'm on Windows 10 x64, same OS as the previous computer.

Here's my java -version output:

C:\>java -version
java version "1.8.0_144"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_144-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.144-b01, mixed mode)

Maybe I should point my JAVA_HOME to the JDK folder instead, since this (see code below)?

C:\>javac
'javac' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Thanks again for the support!

-Helvio

One Star

Is the issue solved ? I'm having similar issue and Build is failing with routines:jar:6.4.1 file.

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] IDW_PREP Codes Master ............................. SUCCESS [  0.008 s]
[INFO] IDW_PREP Routines ................................. SKIPPED
[INFO] IDW_PREP TestBuiRB (Job Designs) .................. FAILURE [ 17.493 s]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 17.815 s (Wall Clock)
[INFO] Finished at: 2017-11-01T04:32:17-06:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 12M/245M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-assembly-plugin:2.5.5:single (default) on project TestBuiRB: Failed to create assembly: Error adding file 'org.talend.code.idw_prep:routines:jar:6.4.1' to archive: C:\Bigdata\Talend\workspaces\IDW_PREP\.Java\target\classes isn't a file. -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :TestBuiRB

Four Stars

Hello @rajr!

That's a different issue than what I'm having, but hopefully someone can help you out, too. I appreciate the interaction!

-Helvio

Hello,

Please make sure that you are using oracle JDK.

Set the JAVA_HOME Environment variable:

Define your JAVA_HOME environment variable so that they point to the JDK installation directory.

Example: C:/Java/jdk1.8.65

Add the previously defined JAVA_HOME variable to the Path environment variable.

Example: <PathVariable>;%JAVA_HOME%\bin.

Additionally, if setting the JAVA HOME fails add the following line in the .ini file (example: Talend-Studio-win-x86_64.ini) for studio:

-vm path to java bin

Example:

-vm C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_65 \bin

Let us know if it is OK with you

Best regards

Sabrina

--

Hello rajr,

Could you please indicate what's talend build version you are using? Is there any more error message in log? Which is located in <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log  

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Hi xdshi,

I have the same error as rajr has, please find the error message and log file and help me if with  your inputs, I really appreciate your time and patience in helping the Talend Community.

Six Stars

Attached the log file for my above post here, now. Thanks!

Hi Vineet,

Are you using oracle Java 8 and set your java environment correctly? Does this issue repro on a specific job or all jobs?

Best regards

Sa

--
Six Stars

Hi Sabrina,

Thanks for your kind reply, Yes, I am using oracle Java 8 and have set my
java environment correctly as you mentioned in your above comments, this
issue is repeated on all jobs when run on remote server.

Thanks,
Vineet