Export Job to Karaf on another machine

Six Stars

Export Job to Karaf on another machine

Hi,

I have a question regarding building a job as OSGI Bundle for ESB but using it in Karaf that runs on another server. I have built the job and it runs correctly in local Karaf provided with Talend Open Studio.

However, when I copy it into Karaf running on the second server I get the following error message:

Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle 45: Unable to resolve local_project.MyTalendJob [45](R 45.1): missing requirement [local_project.MyTalendJob [45](R 45.1)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=routines.system.api) Unresolved requirements: [[local_project.MyTalendJob [45](R 45.1)] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=routines.system.api)]

Do you have any idea what I steps I have to take if I want to use a job in another Karaf?

Regards,

Basit

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions

Re: Export Job to Karaf on another machine

Hello,

Please try to use Talend Runtime to run your talend OSGI jobs and let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

All Replies

Hello,

Are you running Talend osgi jobs  on Talend Runtime(karaf) container at the different server? Which has many features/bundles per-installed. e.g. job-controller which used to running Data service/Route/Job exported from TOS (routines.system.api package is exported from it).

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Hi @xdshi,

thanks for your reply. Actually I just downloaded Karaf Runtime from https://karaf.apache.org/download.html on the second server. On my first machine I developed the jobs in Talend and built the osgi bundles. If I then try to copy and run them on the second server I get the errors (as I already mentioned in my previous post). 

Do you think I have to use the Talend Runtime to run my jobs? That sounds interesting and I will try this.

Regards

Basit

Hello,

Please try to use Talend Runtime to run your talend OSGI jobs and let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Six Stars

Hi @xdshi,

thank you very much! It worked using the Talend Runtime.

Regards,

Basit

Hello,

Great it works.

If you talend OSGI job can successfully run on Talend runtime, the ESB job should be OK without error. So generally Talend Runtime should be used together with talend studio.

Best regards

Sabrina

--

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Talend API Designer – Technical Overview

Take a look at this technical overview video of Talend API Designer

Watch Now

Getting Started with APIs

Find out how to get started with APIs

Read