Customizing Studio Published Nexus Group ID

Six Stars

Customizing Studio Published Nexus Group ID

Hi,

I would like to direct the location that Nexus artifacts are created when publishing jobs via Studio.  However, I would like to embed the Talend project name as part of the Nexus Group ID since we are managing multiple projects in Talend to help with artifact organization. 

Is there a way to expose the projectname as a variable to Talend Studio  Window->Preferences->Talend->Nexus->Artifact repository  (see attached)?  We are using Talend 6.5.1.

Thanks,

Phil

Highlighted

Re: Customizing Studio Published Nexus Group ID

Hello,

The Nexus Default GroupId setting in Preferences -> Talend -> Nexus shown above has been replaced by the similar setting Project Settings -> Build -> Maven -> Deployment GroupId since 7.1.1

Please have a look at this jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-19998.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Six Stars

Please note that :
1. We are using 6.5.1
2. We want to use a variable in the Group ID so as to be able pass the Project Name in order to target where the artifact is to be placed.

Six Stars

I wonder what's the default group id is good for at all. All my jobs are in subfolders so I think because of that the default group id is never used.

I can't add jobs published by other projects. So I MUST pick my own projects jobs.

I can publish the same job into separate folders.

I can't rely on: every time you publish a release please make sure you use the right folder name and add your project in front. I wouldn't even trust myself not making a typo, and we have quite a few developers and projects. 

I agree with the others, having the project at the top level should be mandatory. Can't we have a {project} or {project_name}.{branch_name}  in the default group ID that would be concatenated in front?

2019 GARNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

What’s New for Talend Summer ’19

Watch the recorded webinar!

Watch Now

Have you checked out Talend’s 2019 Summer release yet?

Find out about Talend's 2019 Summer release

Blog

Talend Summer 2019 – What’s New?

Talend continues to revolutionize how businesses leverage speed and manage scale

Watch Now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog