Four Stars

Custom component is not loaded in TAC

Hi

I created a custom component and create a job with the component. I run the job with no issue in Studio but when I try to run the job in TAC, the job throws custom component is not loaded exception. How can I deploy my custom component to TAC?

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.talend.commons.exception.PersistenceException: Process cannot be opened because a used component <org.talend.designer.core.model.utils.emf.talendfile.impl.NodeTypeImpl@22a1c1a (binaryData: null, stringData: null, componentName: tHTTPElasticsearchIndex, componentVersion: 0.1, offsetLabelX: 0, offsetLabelY: 0, posX: 800, posY: 224, sizeX: 35, sizeY: 37, screenshot: null)> is not loaded
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExtensionServerCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Custom component is not loaded in TAC

Hello,

Are you using Nexus or commandline? Have you already checked the configuration on the TAC?

You add custom components to a local folder first. Then, you point Studio to that folder via Window/Preferences/Talend/Components /User component folder. Here's where you set the path to your user component folder. Once you build the job, the required code is included in the archive file. Up to this point, Nexus has nothing to do with that, it is only involved in storing the job builds. 

When commandline runs on a seperate (remote) machine, you need to make sure that the custom components are shared  across the project. To put the custom component in the folder you configured in the command line. And make sure that folder is accessible to the command line.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
3 REPLIES

Hello,

Are you using Nexus or commandline? Have you already checked the configuration on the TAC?

You add custom components to a local folder first. Then, you point Studio to that folder via Window/Preferences/Talend/Components /User component folder. Here's where you set the path to your user component folder. Once you build the job, the required code is included in the archive file. Up to this point, Nexus has nothing to do with that, it is only involved in storing the job builds. 

When commandline runs on a seperate (remote) machine, you need to make sure that the custom components are shared  across the project. To put the custom component in the folder you configured in the command line. And make sure that folder is accessible to the command line.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hi, thanks for your information, I have setup a folder in TAC hosting server and configured the path in command line user component path configuration to get the error fixed. I have a question, if anything change to the custom component, that would means that I will need to replace my custom component folder for the new change to take effect?

Hello,

plchia wrote:

Hi, thanks for your information, I have setup a folder in TAC hosting server and configured the path in command line user component path configuration to get the error fixed. I have a question, if anything change to the custom component, that would means that I will need to replace my custom component folder for the new change to take effect?

If you are using commandline, you need to make sure that your change has been updated in your custom component folder.

Best regards

Sabrina

--