Create Job in folder via Commandline

Five Stars

Create Job in folder via Commandline

Hi everyone,

we are currently trying to create Jobs from generated Jobscripts via the Commandline:

createJob myJobName -sf /home/talend/workspace/project/code/jobscripts/myJobScript.item

So far, all created jobs can be found afterwards in the main directory in Talend Studio.

How to use the subfolder structure of Talend Studio via the Commandline? (the slash notation appears not to work...)

Best,

Kolja

Re: Create Job in folder via Commandline

Hi,

The exhaustive help for all commands that you get when you type the -help command in your Talend CommandLine application.

Here is online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Talend CommandLine API

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,

thanks a lot for your reply!

Having read the documentation in more detail, I was still unable to find out, how to create jobs in a certain Talend path (the folder structure in the GUI) via commandline.

I can handle the 2 parameters -o & -sf, but as far as I see the help doesn't tell about a possibily to provide the talend path.

|  createJob jobName                                                 create job from script file   |
|      -o (--over_write)                                             to overwrite if job existed   |
|      -sf (--script_file) file path                                 job of script file            |

Are more parameters to the createJob command available?
I tried to include the path in the jobName, which didn't work.
Any other idea?

Best,

Kolja

Four Stars

Hello Kolja,
currently i´m facing the same Issue and I was wondering if you were able to create an Talend Job via Command Line from Jobscript in an certain folder?

Thanks a lot 

Thanks a lot
Madse

Hello,

You can use Job script to create a data integration process with Talend Studio.

For more information, please refer to this online document about:TalendHelpCenter:Creating a Job using a Job creation API

Feel free to let us know if it is what you are looking for.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Hello xdshi,
thanks for your feedback. But your standard answer and reference to help.talend.com did not answer my actual question.
I did search in in Talend help as well as checked Talend Command Line Help.

I would like to create an Talend Job in an specific folder in the Talend Project using CommandLine createJob function.

|  createJob jobName                                                 create job from script file   |
|      -o (--over_write)                                             to overwrite if job existed   |
|      -sf (--script_file) file path                                 job of script file            |

I tried to add path information in jobName property but the Job-Creation faild.

thanks for any advice

Thanks a lot
Madse

Hello,

Could you please let us know if you are using talend open studio or subscription solution?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello,
thanks for your quick reply. Im using Talend Studio 6.4.1 subscription.

Best regards
Thanks a lot
Madse

Hello,

What does your error message look like?

Could you please create a case on talend support portal? In this way, we can give you a remote asistance through support cycle with priority?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello @xdshi,

thanks for you feedback.

by adding an ptah to the property Jobname (createJob folder/subfolder/jobname) the Error in the Talend Commandline actually just says failed. 
I suppose this issue and feature request ist already raised jira TDI-40839

Thanks a lot
Madse

Hello,

What is your business use case that requires this enhancement?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Five Stars

Hi Sabrina,
I am still looking for a solution to this issue.
It seems more people face the same problem when they come to generating Talend jobs.

The business case is to save efforts when many similar Talend jobs have to be generated (~200).

The classical example is building a staging layer in Data Warehousing. But you could imagine numerous further cases with many similar jobs.

However, generating jobs and importing all of them to the highest level of the job hierarchy is quite cumbersome.
It can easily lead to intransparency.

As a workaround, you could push them manually to a subfolder with all disadvantages of such a process.
Especially when jobs for different subfolders should be created in the same step, this manual movement is again time-consuming.

Thanks,
Kolja

Hello,

Could you please create a case on talend support portal? In this way, our colleagues from support team will schedule a webex session with you to see if a patch will be needed through support cycle with priority.

https://login.talend.com/support-login.php

Best regards

Sabrina

--