CommandLine - Unauthorized user error with command executeJobOnServer

One Star

CommandLine - Unauthorized user error with command executeJobOnServer

Hi,
I got a problem with the commandLine feature "executeJobOnServer".
I have two job server, on one of them, everything works fine, on the other one, when i try to execute a job with the command executeJobOnServer <JobName> -es <JobServerName>, i have this exception :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
talend> getCommandStatus 8
FAILED at Wed Jan 11 15:44:17 CET 2012
exception : org.talend.commandline.client.command.CommandStatusWrapException: org.talend.remote.comm
ons.exception.ClientServerException: Unauthorized user
at org.talend.remote.client.AbstractObjectClient.sendCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.remote.jobserver.client.CommandClient.requestDeployJob(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.util.ExecutionServerHelper.deploy(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.util.ExecutionServerHelper.deployAndRun(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.util.ExecutionServerHelper.deployAndRun(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessor.executeJobOnServer(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.ExtensionCommandSwitch.caseExecuteJobOnServerCommand(Unkno
wn Source)
at org.talend.commandline.client.command.extension.AbstractExtensionCommandSwitch.doSwitch(U
nknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandProcessorSwitch.caseExtensionCommand(Unknown Source
)
at org.talend.commandline.client.util.CommandAbstractSwitch.doSwitch(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.executeCommand(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.command.CommandConsumer.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.talend.commandline.mode.ServerCommandLine$CommmandConsumerRunnable.run(Unknown Source
)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't understand why. When i execute the job from the Studio, it works fine, but i can define user and password for my jobServer information (in Windows --> preferences --> Talend --> Run/Debug --> Remote).
Any help will be welcome.
Highlighted
One Star

Re: CommandLine - Unauthorized user error with command executeJobOnServer

Hi
I didn't encounter this issue.
But I think the error tip is clear "Unauthorized user".
Could you show me the command which you type.
Regards,
Pedro
One Star

Hi pedro,
Thank you for your reply.
So, i will list you every command i type :
initRemote "http://serverAddress:8080/org.talend.administrator"
logonProject -pn projectName -ul login@company.com -up password
executeJobOnServer JobName -es serverName

serverName is the name of my job server as it is register in my Administration Console.
I know that "Unauthorized user" is clear. And, if i don't write any user,password in the jobServer file user.csv (in conf repertory), everythings work fine. But, i don't understand why, on my second JobServer, it works (when i define one or more user in user.csv) and not on this one. Is there any possibility for login on a jobServer with commandLine?
Regards,
One Star

Hi
Sorry for that i can't reproduce this issue.
Does anybody know this?
Regards,
Pedro

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Definitive Guide to Data Integration

Practical steps to developing your data integration strategy.

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.