Four Stars

Can't build standalone job with Talend Studio 6.4.1 / Windows Server 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to build a standalone job with Talend Studio 6.4.1 running on Windows Server 2012 but I get the following error : 

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal  (default) on project Incremental_of_Extract_Socalait: Failed to create assembly: Artifact: org.talend.code.socalait:routines:jar:6.4.1 (included by module) does not have an artifact with a file. Please ensure the package phase is run before the assembly is generated. -> [Help 1]

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

13 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Can't build standalone job with Talend Studio 6.4.1 / Windows Server 2012

Hi
What is your JDK version? Can you please provide the log file which is located in <studio installation dir/workspace/.metadata/>?

Regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business
Four Stars

Hi,
JKD version is 1.8.0_144. Please see attached the log file.

Four Stars

Hi,
JKD version is 1.8.0_144. Please see attached the log file.

Thx

Hello,

Talend is only supported on Java CPS Versions, not Java PSU.

Please take a look at: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/cpu-psu-explained-2331472.html.

Is it working when you use java CPS version instead?

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Four Stars

Thanks for your answer. However, I'm not sure which version I'm downloading from the Oracle website. Would you have a download link to share please?

Best Regards,

Five Stars

HI,

I have the same issue with Talend Big Data 6.4.1 and java 1.8.0_151 on windows server 2012

I'm not able to deploy my job.

What's the solution ?

C:\Users\talend.ch>java -version
java version "1.8.0_151"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.151-b12, mixed mode)

C:\Users\talend.ch>

Hello gvigneron,

Does this issue repro on all your jobs or a specific job? Did you set the JAVA_HOME Environment variable correctly?

Please define your JAVA_HOME environment variable so that they point to the JDK installation directory.

For example: C:/Java/jdk1.8.0_151 and add the previously defined JAVA_HOME variable to the Path environment variable, such as: <PathVariable>;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
Five Stars

HI,,
Thanks for the answer.

It doesn't work. I have still issue even with a new empty job in the workspace.

The dploy/build job is broken

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
(c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\talend.ch>echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_151;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

C:\Users\talend.ch>i

Hi,

Would you mind re-installing your studio 6.4..1 to see if you can build standalone job without error?

We cannot repro your issue on our end.

Best regards

Sabrina

--
Four Stars

Hello,

I ran into the same issue. Talend 6.4 worked fine. Upgraded to 6.4.1 and could not build any jobs anymore.

JDK is not the problem but the maven build process. It tries to build the routines.jar but failed and stops the build. Check out log file suggested by the error message.

However, the first part of the build process is successful and creates the POJO executable jar file in .java/target

My workaround is replacing that <jobName>.jar file within a previously build package.

I am no maven expert but the issue lies in one of the pom.xml to build the routines.jar.

Five Stars

Hi,

Yes. Agreed with the maven issue and the build process error.

I don't understand the root cause and how to fix it. My jobs run in TOS UI, but not possible to build the job and get the bat file.It's extremely annoying as I'm not able to schedule the jobs.

Not sure how to use your tips and workaroung. Seems really hacky.

Can we have a fix in the Tool about the build issue?

Thanks

Five Stars

The issue is triggered at the end of the build job.

java.lang.Exception: Job was not built successfully, please check the logs for more details available on the workspace/.Java/lastGenerated.log
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJob(BuildJobManager.java:277)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJob(BuildJobManager.java:164)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.scriptsmanager.BuildJobManager.buildJobs(BuildJobManager.java:108)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.buildJobWithMaven(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1487)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage$8.run(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1389)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:466)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:374)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1059)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizardPage.finish(JobScriptsExportWizardPage.java:1394)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.finish(JavaJobScriptsExportWSWizardPage.java:1244)
at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.exportjob.JobScriptsExportWizard.performFinish(JobScriptsExportWizard.java:126)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:853)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:438)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:619)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:832)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:808)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.ExportJobScriptAction.doRun(ExportJobScriptAction.java:117)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction$2.run(AContextualAction.java:632)
at org.talend.repository.RepositoryWorkUnit.executeRun(RepositoryWorkUnit.java:99)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.AbstractRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(AbstractRepositoryFactory.java:258)
at org.talend.repository.localprovider.model.LocalRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(LocalRepositoryFactory.java:3369)
at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.executeRepositoryWorkUnit(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:2119)
at org.talend.repository.ui.actions.AContextualAction.run(AContextualAction.java:641)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.talend.rcp.intro.Application.start(Application.java:255)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:380)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:235)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)

Four Stars

When launching the build jobs, check out workspace/.Java/lastGenerated.log.

Further to all the readings on this topic, I have added the jdk in the project and it has improved the build process.

After adding the JDK to the project, my build process does not end in error but does not show any message at all. Well, at least, I could see the message "exporting POJO".
However, the <jobName>.zip file and the routines.jar (mentioned in the lastGenerated.log) have been created in workspace/.Java/target.