Ab Initio Job Migration to Talend

Six Stars

Ab Initio Job Migration to Talend

Hello,

I have been out of touch with Talend for quite sometime. I have this requirement of migrating ETL codes in AbInitio to Talend. What I am looking for is an automated way this can be achieved. Is there any provision in Talend that helps generate ETL code based on a code which is obtained by exporting ETL jobs from AbInitio in some ways?

In general, Is there a provision in Talend that generates ETL codes or jobs in runnable condition (or with some customisation) based on external logical code input (for example, an informatica mapping) ?

Sorry if I am ill informed, but I am trying to catch up.

Thanks in advance!

Six Stars

Re: Ab Initio Job Migration to Talend

Hi Remytom,

you can generate code for backend .item file based on schema and transformation. This process works fine if you have same pattern jobs. Because you need to understand .item file and develop either Talend job or any other language to create code for .item file.

Thanks,

Raghunath.

Raghunath Lingutla
Six Stars

Thank you Raghunath!

The .item file is talend backend file which has the code for a particular job, right? 

Does abinitio also have such a file, which can be used to re-create (even in some parts) the logic in talend?

Thanks!

Six Stars

Hi Remytom,

I did not worked on Abinitio but I heard logic of jobs will be available in DML files. You can check DML files if you can use them.

Thanks,

Raghunath.

Raghunath Lingutla
Six Stars

thank you so much! I will check. This was helpful indeed!