[resolved] run.bat file is not available after install of TOS MDM v6.0

Highlighted
One Star

[resolved] run.bat file is not available after install of TOS MDM v6.0

Hello, after I follow the instruction to execute the MDM .jar file and the installation completes via GUI, the run.bat file is not appearing in the folder where I installed MDM Server.
Please help.
Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: [resolved] run.bat file is not available after install of TOS MDM v6.0

Hi
I think this article is outdated and the installation instructions is not detailed. I have created a JIRA issue to request our Doc team to review and update this article.

MDM server is installed under web application server Tomcat (you can install a built-in Tomcat or select an already existing Tomcat during the installation process), so you need to launch Tomcat server. After installing MDM server,  you can go to the following directory and launch Tomcat server.
For built-in Tomcat:
<MDM server install dir>\apache-tomcat-8.0.20\bin
For an existing Tomcat:
<Tomcat install dir>/bin

Best regards
Shong
----------------------------------------------------------
Talend | Data Agility for Modern Business

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi
MDM server is installed under web application server Tomcat (you can install a built-in Tomcat or select an already existing Tomcat during the installation process), you just need to launch Tomcat server.

Best regards
Shong
Highlighted
One Star

Thanks Shong. Can you please provide steps? The one in the v6.0 installation guide still mentions about running the run.bat file so maybe Talend can update it so users won't get confused.
Thanks again for the help.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi
I think this article is outdated and the installation instructions is not detailed. I have created a JIRA issue to request our Doc team to review and update this article.

MDM server is installed under web application server Tomcat (you can install a built-in Tomcat or select an already existing Tomcat during the installation process), so you need to launch Tomcat server. After installing MDM server,  you can go to the following directory and launch Tomcat server.
For built-in Tomcat:
<MDM server install dir>\apache-tomcat-8.0.20\bin
For an existing Tomcat:
<Tomcat install dir>/bin

Best regards
Shong

View solution in original post

Highlighted
One Star

Thanks.
Found the cause - it's the extra "\" character in the CATALINA_HOME environment variable. Removed the extra "\" in the environment variable path and the server execution pushed through and was able to open the Talend MDM Web UI in browser.
Related to the experience I had, I suggest it would be good if Talend update its documentation so the steps are also updated. Another thing (from the run.bat or run.sh not needed anymore in v6.0 using Tomcat) is that in setting up Tomcat, CATALINA_HOME and JRE_HOME environment variables need to be defined in addition to the JAVA_HOME in v5.6.2 (as part of pre-requisite steps).
I hope this helps. 
Thank you again for your responses.
Highlighted
One Star
One Star

hi, 
apache tomcat is running but it gives error for mdm server.
can you help me please?

2019 GARTNER MAGIC QUADRANT FOR DATA INTEGRATION TOOL

Talend named a Leader.

Get your copy

OPEN STUDIO FOR DATA INTEGRATION

Kickstart your first data integration and ETL projects.

Download now

6 Ways to Start Utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Look at6 ways to start utilizing Machine Learning with Amazon We Services and Talend

Blog

Downloads and Trials

Test drive Talend's enterprise products.

Downloads