One Star

[resolved] help!! how can i change open studio mdm server default database

I want to change open studio mdm server default database from H2 to MySQL. What Can I do?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] help!! how can i change open studio mdm server default database

Hello,
I am using community edition (v 5.5.1).
Is it possible for me to store all my master data in oracle DB and populate my MDM store with data.
I want to avoid h2 permanently and want to point everything to oracle DB.

As previously stated in this thread (and explained in https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Compatible+Databases&content-lang=en), community edition only provides H2 as SQL database. Only subscription-based (non-free) version includes support for Oracle.
I am going through the link shared by you but I would really appreciate if you can share any tutorial or example where user is pointing MDM data store to any other data source like MySQL or Oracle etc..

Please note that from a Talend user's perspective, nothing changes whether you use H2 or Oracle: you still use the same components (tMDMOutput, tMDMInput...) only the underlying storage changes. Talend MDM provides you a database-agnostic interface to store your master data. So you may pick any MDM tutorial since Talend jobs do not change from one database to another.
9 REPLIES

Hi,
So far, only H2 and XML DB (eXist) are available in Talend Open Studio for MDM product.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi,
So far, only H2 and XML DB (eXist) are available in Talend Open Studio for MDM product.
Best regards
Sabrina

Do Enterprise Talend and Talend Platform support Mysql ? how can i try Talend Platform and Enterprise Talend.

Hi,
It can be available in Talend Enterprise Subscription Edition MDM. Please see TalendHelpCenter:Compatible Databases.
Please refer to talend official website contact us to send a mail or call us directly for the usage of Talend Enterprise Subscription Edition.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

Hi Sabrina,
I cant see my earlier post so writing my query again.
I am using Talend MDM community edition.
I have selected H2 database while installing and I have deployed data container, data model triggers etc in talend mdm server.
But every time when I start server it shows APPARENT DEADLOCK.!! error.
Please provide any solution or any workaround.
Thanks
Vivek
Employee

Hi,
The error " APPARENT DEADLOCK.!! error." may indicate another issue. For H2, I would suspect a permission issue (no access to directory) or a shared database issue (some other process locked the database). Please look in your log if there isn't any other message related to H2 prior the "APPARENT DEADLOCK".
One Star

Thanks for the immediate response. I'll surely check whats wrong with H2 but still it doesn't solve my requirement.
I want to maintain master data in MDM in (Oracle). Once I create new record in MDM view I want to synchronize my data with other systems. (For synchronizing I am using trigger and DI jobs in MDM)

Since data volume is high enough I cannot maintain it in H2 or in XML data-store.
Please provide me possible solution how to achieve this requirement?
Thanks
Vivek
Employee

Hi,
If you're using Talend Platform for MDM (the subscription based version), you may use Oracle to store master records. Please note Oracle may need some extra configuration (especially regarding tablespaces) described here -> https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=MDM+SQL+Storage&content-lang=en
Please check the document above and let us know if it gave you the answers you were looking for.
One Star

Hi,
Is it possible for me to store all my master data in oracle DB and populate my MDM store with data.
I am going through the link shared by you but I would really appreciate if you can share any tutorial or example where user is pointing MDM data store to any other data source like MySQL or Oracle etc..
Thanks
Vivek
Employee

Hello,

As previously stated in this thread (and explained in https://help.talend.com/search/all?query=Compatible+Databases&content-lang=en), community edition only provides H2 as SQL database. Only subscription-based (non-free) version includes support for Oracle.

Please note that from a Talend user's perspective, nothing changes whether you use H2 or Oracle: you still use the same components (tMDMOutput, tMDMInput...) only the underlying storage changes. Talend MDM provides you a database-agnostic interface to store your master data. So you may pick any MDM tutorial since Talend jobs do not change from one database to another.