[resolved] first install: MDM Studio 6.1.1 won't run

One Star

[resolved] first install: MDM Studio 6.1.1 won't run

Hello, everybody, my first post on the forum!
Keep in mind I am a first time Talend user, evaluating the product right now, so I may need more directions than usual because it all is quite new to me.
I've downloaded the binaries from the site and trying to install the Studio.
So far I did the following (i am installing it to a Windows 7 64 bit machine):
1) obtained TOS_MDM-All-20151214_1327-V6.1.1.zip
2) unzipped it, getting two files: TOS_MDM-Studio-20151214_1327-V6.1.1.zip and TOS_MDM-Server-20151214_1327-V6.1.1.jar
3) unzipped the TOS_MDM-Studio-20151214_1327-V6.1.1.zip, copied the TOS_MDM-Studio-20151214_1327-V6.1.1 folder into c:\TOS_MDM-Studio-20151214_1327-V6.1.1\
4) run TOS_MDM-win-x86_64.exe  (tried the TOS_MDM-win32-x86.exe) : both throw the following error dialogues:
---------------------------
TOS_MDM-win32-x86
The TOS_MDM-win32-x86 executable launcher was unable to locate its
companion shared library.
TOS_MDM-win-x86_64
The TOS_MDM-win-x86_64 executable launcher was unable to locate its
companion shared library.

Obviously, something is missing but the message doesn't tell what exactly. I am unable to locate more detailed logs, if they were generated.
Are there additional requirements, something to install maybe? Didn't find anything of the sorts in the "getting started" TalendOpenStudio_MDM_GettingStarted_6.1.1_EN.pdf . 
The Installation guide TalendOpenStudio_MDM_IG_6.1.1_EN.pdf mentions only JAVA_HOME requirement, and on my computer it is already set:
JAVA_HOME=c:\JRE1.8.0_77
What can I do to make it all work? Any ideas?
Regards

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] first install: MDM Studio 6.1.1 won't run

Allright, extracting both zips with 7-zip instead of standard windows unzip utility helped a lot!
Now TOS is starting, no more errors (so far). I am marking this thread as resolved. This was fast, thank you!
Cheers.

All Replies
Employee

Seems either the unzip step or the copy step had somehow corrupted your installation.
See https://www.talendforge.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=2831
Note: Along with a 64bit platform this has to be the win-x86_64 executable
One Star

Thank you, I'll take a look at this thread asap.
(I've tried to launch both 32 and 64 bit binaries "just in case", both returned the same error)
One Star

Allright, extracting both zips with 7-zip instead of standard windows unzip utility helped a lot!
Now TOS is starting, no more errors (so far). I am marking this thread as resolved. This was fast, thank you!
Cheers.