[resolved] [data model] drop down list field

One Star id
One Star

[resolved] [data model] drop down list field

Hello,
I need to create a field in an entity which in the web user interface appears as a drop down list with records extracted from another entity. I didn't find that in the administrator guide.
How can I do that ?
Thank you.

Employee

Re: [resolved] [data model] drop down list field

Hi,
In the data model, you have to change the type of the attribute to a "Custom Simple type" (right-click on the attribute > Change to a simple type > Custom > OK)
Then, right-click on the sub-element of the attribute and select "Edit Enumeration" : there, you can set the values that will appear as a drop-down list in the Web UI.
regards
One Star id
One Star

Thank you for your answer.
The problem is that i need to set values, which are records of another entity. So if I add a new record in my entity this new record will automatically appear in my drop down list.
Is it possible to do that ?
Employee

Yes, you have to declare your attribute as a foreign key (right-click > set the foreign key).
One Star id
One Star

That works, but the only element displayed in the drop down list is the primary key of my entity, is there a way to display other elements of the entity ?
Employee

Hi,
The feature is close to the Foreign Key : it is called "Set the Foreign Key Infos". You can set the attributes you want to see in the Web UI from a FK attribute. Do not forget to check "resolve automatically in the Web".
Four Stars

drop down list field

hi, can You tell me how to apply validation rule in dropdown box. suppose we have two value in dropdown box- yes and no. if i am selecting yes input feild should be enabled and in case of no it should be disabled. IN  talend open studio for mdm.

Four Stars

Re: drop down list field

Yes These we can do easily in Enterprise Edition their we have option to create on entity right click then u can see the option like validation rule then u can create validation rule.