One Star id
One Star

[resolved] [data model] drop down list field

Hello,
I need to create a field in an entity which in the web user interface appears as a drop down list with records extracted from another entity. I didn't find that in the administrator guide.
How can I do that ?
Thank you.

5 REPLIES
Employee

Re: [resolved] [data model] drop down list field

Hi,
In the data model, you have to change the type of the attribute to a "Custom Simple type" (right-click on the attribute > Change to a simple type > Custom > OK)
Then, right-click on the sub-element of the attribute and select "Edit Enumeration" : there, you can set the values that will appear as a drop-down list in the Web UI.
regards
One Star id
One Star

Thank you for your answer.
The problem is that i need to set values, which are records of another entity. So if I add a new record in my entity this new record will automatically appear in my drop down list.
Is it possible to do that ?
Employee

Yes, you have to declare your attribute as a foreign key (right-click > set the foreign key).
One Star id
One Star

That works, but the only element displayed in the drop down list is the primary key of my entity, is there a way to display other elements of the entity ?
Employee

Hi,
The feature is close to the Foreign Key : it is called "Set the Foreign Key Infos". You can set the attributes you want to see in the Web UI from a FK attribute. Do not forget to check "resolve automatically in the Web".