[resolved] TOS MDM 6.1.1 Connect string to a SQL Server 8 DB

One Star

[resolved] TOS MDM 6.1.1 Connect string to a SQL Server 8 DB

First, I am a Business User, tech enough to be dangerous.
We are attempting to us the Metadata>Manage Connections to connect to a network database.  The connect string seems to be giving issues, could be the port and/or access as well, we just don’t know. 
Once we select the DB Type of SQL Server, the connect string and port auto populate, from where is this info coming?  We have tried multiple options, including entering the DB Name and the Server IP address, and still getting errors.  The first line of the current error detail is that the connection has been refused, which to us seems like it does not like user ID/password.
We have searched You tube videos, both on the Talend channel and off, Googled numerous questions and searched documentation.  Certainly there must be some tips to the definition of the connect string, the user access, the DB and the port.  Certainly willing to read additional documentation if someone can point us in the right direction.
After reviewing this post and the DB connection wizard it occurs to me that possibly the login and password required is "actually" the "root".  Is this correct?

Accepted Solutions
One Star

Re: [resolved] TOS MDM 6.1.1 Connect string to a SQL Server 8 DB

Thanks to assistance from Talend folks I now have a connection to my database.  The issue was basically the defaulted port in the DB Connection Wizard, which resulted from our server configuration.  The net is that are using a "dynamic port" functionality rather than a specific port.  Once the port was changed in the wizard, the connection tested successfully, in a second.

All Replies

Hi,
Would you mind posting your DB connection parameter screenshot in metadata into forum? Can you use these DB connection parameter to connect to your sql server 2008 successfully?
What's your sqlserver authentication?
Usually there are two ways to connect to sqlsever: sql server authentication and windows authentication
If you use windows authentication , you need put ntlmauth.dll (library for windows authentication)into
c:\windows\system32 and<Talend Studio install dir>/.
Restart talend product.
Create a DB connections, user and password do not need to fill out, you only have to fill in the database server machines

More information will be preferred!
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

In response to the latest reply post from Sabrina I am attaching a Word doc with screen shots.
Also, noted in an email reply that my PC does not have the ntlmauth.dll, not sure if this has an impact. Documentation indicates that this is required for creating an ODBC connection, which is not supported in 6.1.1, but does not show as a requirement for the SQL Server connect.
We do use Windows Authentication for our app connections.  However, reading TOS documentation, it was stated that this was not supported in Rel 6.1.1, no general ODBC connections for this release.  So, the SA created a new login for me using the Sql Server, which works when I conect to the DB from Sql Server Mangagement Sudio.  This later attempt using Sql Server does not work for the Talend connection either

I have made several attempts to load the file but it does not seem to work.  Will try responding by email.

Still looking for any input available.
Employee

Prospect has Windows 10 and is connecting to SQL Server 2008 on Windows 8.  Can connect successfully using SQL Server manager and is using SQL Server authentication.  
One Star

Thanks to assistance from Talend folks I now have a connection to my database.  The issue was basically the defaulted port in the DB Connection Wizard, which resulted from our server configuration.  The net is that are using a "dynamic port" functionality rather than a specific port.  Once the port was changed in the wizard, the connection tested successfully, in a second.

Hi trsmith49,
Great it is fixed.Thanks for your feedback.
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

HI ,
I am having similar issue. My collegue is able to connect using 6.1 talend studio. I am using 6.3 but getting the below error:
Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: SSO Failed: Native SSPI library not loaded. Check the java.library.path system property.
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1069)
      at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)
      at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)
      at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3953)

Thanks in advance.