[resolved] Remove brackets around Foreign Key IDs in MDM entities

Highlighted
One Star

[resolved] Remove brackets around Foreign Key IDs in MDM entities

Hi there,
I've created two MDM entities that are successfully linked via primary and foreign keys and are displaying as should be in the Web Interface. However, when I export the master data (the two entities) to a SQL Server database using the data integration studio I've noticed these square brackets around the foreign keys.
This makes it difficult for me to recreate the relationships using primary and foreign keys (I have to use long winded and complicated replace function to get rid of the brackets around the foreign keys before I can do the join between the two entities in SQL).
How can I export the master data and foreign keys without the brackets around the foreign keys?
Thanks,
Facoda.

Accepted Solutions
Employee

Re: [resolved] Remove brackets around Foreign Key IDs in MDM entities

Hi,
The brackets surronding the foreign key value is a convention in Talend MDM. This is used to separate values (in case the referenced entity has an id composed with multiple elements, then you would have "...").
Since 5.2 *and* when using SQL storage you may omit the square brackets during update and creation (more information here). But to allow compatibility with all previous versions of Talend MDM, square brackets are added when you read the value back.
As additional note, I would add the brackets are only used to help Talend MDM read the different values. If you look in database values, you won't see any additional brackets.
Thanks,
François.

All Replies
Employee

Re: [resolved] Remove brackets around Foreign Key IDs in MDM entities

Hi,
The brackets surronding the foreign key value is a convention in Talend MDM. This is used to separate values (in case the referenced entity has an id composed with multiple elements, then you would have "...").
Since 5.2 *and* when using SQL storage you may omit the square brackets during update and creation (more information here). But to allow compatibility with all previous versions of Talend MDM, square brackets are added when you read the value back.
As additional note, I would add the brackets are only used to help Talend MDM read the different values. If you look in database values, you won't see any additional brackets.
Thanks,
François.