One Star

[resolved] 'Remote project update & commit on startup' has encountered a problem

When opening an existing project in TOS MDM 6.1.1, the following error occurs:
'Remote project update and commit on startup' has encountered a problem.  An internal error occurred during: "Remote project update and commit on startup".
Details: java.lang.NullPointerException
If I just click <OK> then the main window is displayed.  I then change the perspective > Metadata > DB Connection > select the name > right click > Edit Connection;  the Edit Connection screen does not display.
I also tried to create a new job with a new DB Connection and the Connection Wizard does not open. 
I had no trouble opening the Wizard yesterday.
Monday, 9-May
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
TOS MDM 6.1.1, jdk1.8.077 and WIN 8
Strange that the function displayed one day, we selected it multiple times while diagnosing a connection problem, then the next day it is not displaying.
6 REPLIES
One Star

Re: [resolved] 'Remote project update & commit on startup' has encountered a problem

So I have found a couple of other issues posted referring to the NPE error, TDI-33091 was noted as having the issue resolved and closed.  In the resolution for TDI-33091 it was stated that the issue was fixed in TOS 6.0 and beyond, however, I am experiencing this issue in TOS 6.1.1.  Additionally it was noted to locate the .m2 folder, which I have and there is a Repository subfolder but it is empty.  How is this supposed to help the issue?
Again I had no issue on 5/4 while working with a Talend resource to resolve a connection issue but on 5/5 when I tried both editing a connection and then tried creating a new connection, the Wizard is not displayed.  The NPE error is displayed after selecting an existing project, when the "connect to Talend Forge" window is displayed, selecting <OK> is allowed but when you get to the project and try to move to either "create" or "edit" a connection the wizard is not displayed.
I am wondering how the issue exists again when it was considered fixed in 6.0?
One Star

Re: [resolved] 'Remote project update & commit on startup' has encountered a problem

Though I am continuing to try to work through some basic testing in TOS MDM, using the Integration perspective, the NPE error continues to be a block in the navigation.  I am in the Repository, have a valid DB connection to a test instance with a few of the tables brought into the "Table schemas" and I would like to 'edit' the Table schemas.  When I right click on a table in the list there are six functions displayed, including "Edit schema", however when I select this function the Schema window does not display.  Additionally I have tried to delete a table and nothing happens, thought that I would be able to drop the table from the schemas. 
What I don't know is whether the NPE error is causing the various issues that I am experiencing or I just am not familiar enough with the TOS.
Really would like to see someone from Talend weigh-in on this question.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
We made a testing on TOS MDM 6.1.1 and don't repro this issue. Did you install your studio completely? Is there any more error message which is located in  <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log?
Best regards
Sabrina   
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I have not been getting any other error messages.  After continuing to research, I am not so sure that the downloaded software was completely installed.  Prior to leaving the office yesterday I completely uninstalled Talend and now in the process of installing the software myself, following the instructions meticulously.  I will update this post as soon as I complete and test.
Thanks Sabrina.
One Star

Today I completed a complete new install of the TOS MDM and thus far it seems to be functioning as expected.  I will mark this as resolved today, in hopes there are no additional issues.
Just a side note, as an ERP implementation consultant for years, when we left a project there was typically a "troubleshooting guide" for the client, at least for the first level of diagnosing problems.  Is there any document like this for TOS?

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Here are on-line talend knowledge base articles with Error&Exception on Talend Help Center portal.
Feel free to navigate to https://help.talend.com?content-lang=en/Knowledge Base
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.