[resolved] 'Remote project update & commit on startup' has encountered a problem

One Star

[resolved] 'Remote project update & commit on startup' has encountered a problem

When opening an existing project in TOS MDM 6.1.1, the following error occurs:
'Remote project update and commit on startup' has encountered a problem.  An internal error occurred during: "Remote project update and commit on startup".
Details: java.lang.NullPointerException
If I just click <OK> then the main window is displayed.  I then change the perspective > Metadata > DB Connection > select the name > right click > Edit Connection;  the Edit Connection screen does not display.
I also tried to create a new job with a new DB Connection and the Connection Wizard does not open. 
I had no trouble opening the Wizard yesterday.
Monday, 9-May
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
TOS MDM 6.1.1, jdk1.8.077 and WIN 8
Strange that the function displayed one day, we selected it multiple times while diagnosing a connection problem, then the next day it is not displaying.
One Star

Re: [resolved] 'Remote project update & commit on startup' has encountered a problem

So I have found a couple of other issues posted referring to the NPE error, TDI-33091 was noted as having the issue resolved and closed.  In the resolution for TDI-33091 it was stated that the issue was fixed in TOS 6.0 and beyond, however, I am experiencing this issue in TOS 6.1.1.  Additionally it was noted to locate the .m2 folder, which I have and there is a Repository subfolder but it is empty.  How is this supposed to help the issue?
Again I had no issue on 5/4 while working with a Talend resource to resolve a connection issue but on 5/5 when I tried both editing a connection and then tried creating a new connection, the Wizard is not displayed.  The NPE error is displayed after selecting an existing project, when the "connect to Talend Forge" window is displayed, selecting <OK> is allowed but when you get to the project and try to move to either "create" or "edit" a connection the wizard is not displayed.
I am wondering how the issue exists again when it was considered fixed in 6.0?
One Star

Re: [resolved] 'Remote project update & commit on startup' has encountered a problem

Though I am continuing to try to work through some basic testing in TOS MDM, using the Integration perspective, the NPE error continues to be a block in the navigation.  I am in the Repository, have a valid DB connection to a test instance with a few of the tables brought into the "Table schemas" and I would like to 'edit' the Table schemas.  When I right click on a table in the list there are six functions displayed, including "Edit schema", however when I select this function the Schema window does not display.  Additionally I have tried to delete a table and nothing happens, thought that I would be able to drop the table from the schemas. 
What I don't know is whether the NPE error is causing the various issues that I am experiencing or I just am not familiar enough with the TOS.
Really would like to see someone from Talend weigh-in on this question.
Thanks in advance.

Hi,
We made a testing on TOS MDM 6.1.1 and don't repro this issue. Did you install your studio completely? Is there any more error message which is located in  <Talend Studio installation path>/workspace/.metadata/.log?
Best regards
Sabrina   
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.
One Star

I have not been getting any other error messages.  After continuing to research, I am not so sure that the downloaded software was completely installed.  Prior to leaving the office yesterday I completely uninstalled Talend and now in the process of installing the software myself, following the instructions meticulously.  I will update this post as soon as I complete and test.
Thanks Sabrina.
One Star

Today I completed a complete new install of the TOS MDM and thus far it seems to be functioning as expected.  I will mark this as resolved today, in hopes there are no additional issues.
Just a side note, as an ERP implementation consultant for years, when we left a project there was typically a "troubleshooting guide" for the client, at least for the first level of diagnosing problems.  Is there any document like this for TOS?

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback.
Here are on-line talend knowledge base articles with Error&Exception on Talend Help Center portal.
Feel free to navigate to https://help.talend.com?content-lang=en/Knowledge Base
Best regards
Sabrina
--
Don't forget to give kudos when a reply is helpful and click Accept the solution when you think you're good with it.

What’s New for Talend Spring ’19

Join us live for a sneak peek!

Agile Data lakes & Analytics

Accelerate your data lake projects with an agile approach

Watch

Definitive Guide to Data Quality

Create systems and workflow to manage clean data ingestion and data transformation.

Download

Tutorial

Introduction to Talend Open Studio for Data Integration.

Watch